No announcement yet.

Not quite as planned but...

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice but not cheap GN, mine were 59p each or £5.90 for a dozen from the high street. Amazing isn't it when you can buy a 1lb jar, with food in it, from Tesco/Asda for 19p, throw the food away and save yourself 40p per jar - almost criminal.
    "We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses."-- Abraham Lincoln

Comment

I did that with some cheep mint sauce from Tescos. I also like to buy meat spread in the small jars, a friend of mine saves me all her baby food jars as well...OK for when you want to make small amounts for presents. But I have to agree it's criminal when you can buy jars for much cheaper WITH food in them.
      I also buy Tescos cider vinegar, red & white wine vinegar at 59p/69p and re-use the bottles.

Comment

These are the ones I bought...I think it was pigletwillie who suggested them.

items - Get great deals on 1lb 380ml Jam Pickle Jars, Kilner jars items on eBay.co.uk Shops!
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

They're quite a good deal Nicos, I might use them next year (as no matter how many reminders I give I only ever seem to get about 20% of jars back).
          "We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses."-- Abraham Lincoln

Comment

They're much nicer than the bog standard round ones.. Maybe next year

Comment

Must say that I've been very pleased with the way then push up close to each other and stack high when in storage.
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

I got my Jars from Jam Jar Shop, didnt consider ebay! Not sure there is much difference in price, I hope

We did get hexagonal ones that look so nice for pressies!
                Last edited by Munch; 22-10-2010, 04:50 PM.
                Little ol' me

Has just bagged a Lottie!
                Oh and the chickens are taking over my garden!
                FIL and MIL - http://vegblogs.co.uk/chubbly/

Comment

I made Nigella's chilli jam with apache chillis and diablo peppers... it was extremely hot, but still yummy. I think it's because it is done by weight possibly? 150g of chillis is a lot, and I cut it down to 100g chillis to 200g peppers.
                  pjh75

We sow the seed, nature grows the seed, we eat the seed. (Neil, The Young Ones)

http://producebypaula.blogspot.com/

Comment

I too made Nigella's recipe - and I'm very proud of it. Some prairie fire, ring of fire and cayenne went into it.

I was wondering about another recipe for a contrasting colour, and was wondering about mint jelly, or rosemary jelly even. However, I'm looking for a similarly easy recipe, using jam sugar, rather than cooking apples etc.

If anyone has any suggestions, let me know!

Thanks
                    Caro

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day

Comment

I like this place!

T8tr popped over to my place of work to drop me off some seeds (and a lot more than I expected - was only after some tomato seeds!!).

I now have a large carrier bag of garlic, elephant garlic, various seeds (toms/chillies!) and a jar each of that chilli jam above, and also a massive jar of picked onions!

Thanks!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X