Potager allotment anyone?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potager allotment anyone?

Here's a few pictures of progress on the two allotments.
    I gave up an excellent allotment for these two derelict ones purely because they were side by side!
    I am trying to adopt a Potager theme which has a central herb wheel and eventually edged formal beds.
    It's come a long way, but there's still a long way to go!
    It's been three month of graft up til now, every night after work and full weekends!
    Attached Files
    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

I Like It ! It's Good To Be Diffrent For A Change , And A Lovely Layout.
    ---) CARL (----
    ILFRACOMBE
    NORTH DEVON

a seed planted today makes a meal tomorrow!

www.freewebs.com/carlseawolf

http://mountain-goat.webs.com/

now in blog form ! UPDATED 15/4/09

Comment

very impressive
      Belgrave-allotments.co.uk

Comment

Looks good Snadger, you are very brave taking on such a mess, good luck with it. PS where do you all get your barrels from ?

Comment

Gosh Snadgar, you have really put in some hard work there. Its shaping up great. Keep us posted with pics updates

And when your back stops aching,
          And your hands begin to harden.
          You will find yourself a partner,
          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Well done Snadge, but I didn't know we needed so many barrels!

Comment

That's looking great Snadger.
              Bright Blessings
              Earthbabe

If at first you don't succeed, open a bottle of wine.

Comment

Wow! Looks great, and certainly a lot of hard work gone in on there! Keep us posted with piccies please Snadger, I want to see it in all its glory!
                Blessings
                Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

'Garden naked - get some colour in your cheeks'!

The Dobby's Pumpkin Patch - an Allotment & Beekeeping blogspot!
                Last updated 16th April - Video intro to our very messy allotment!
                Dobby's Dog's - a Doggy Blog of pics n posts - RIP Bella gone but never forgotten xx
                On Dark Ravens Wing - a pagan blog of musings and experiences

Comment

Originally posted by madderbat View Post
                  Well done Snadge, but I didn't know we needed so many barrels!
                  I inherited a lot of barrels stashed away at the back of the plot! Pigletwillie once mentioned about having barrels dotted around so you don't need to walk so far with a watering can! I will incorporate them into my design but will try and tone down the fourecent blue somehow! (they could even be sunk halfway into the soil!)
                  As the plot is on a slope I should be able to link them together to a shed or greenhouse roof and let gravity fill them during the winter. Something to think about for the future!
                  The main outlay we have to contend with as plot holders, apart from the site rates, are metred water rates which last year were £600 for a 40 plot site. Averages out at £15 per plot, which is half of the rent!
                  If we can educate everyone about the use of mains water, i.e. don't use it unless absolutely necessary (and hopefully I am setting an example by using water accumulated during the winter months!) we can possibly lower the plot rent, which must appeal to everyone!

PS I might even try and get some of the square 1000 Litre water containers as well!

Gosh! This was a long reply, never mind, why use a few words when 600 will do!
                  My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                  to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Gosh, well done Snadger! You have certainly put in a lot of hard work and effort - your plots look super! I'm looking forward to getting my beds finished and dug over ready for planting. Hopefully going to call at the lottie enroute home from work to do a bit of digging - hopefully it wont be too cold, or snowing! LOL! Looking forward to seeing more photos of your efforts! DDL
                    Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Wow! That is very impressive Snadger. I love the potager theme with the herb wheel in the middle!
                      You are an inspiration! Yesterday morning I was trying to put some weed control membrane down in my paths battling with the wind and later on the hale, and wondered... why do I do it? My allotment is still far from looking like a proper allotment, but looking at what you've done to yours has really inspired me to keep going!

Comment

Looking good Snadger. Lots of inspiration there for the rest of us
                        All at once I hear your voice
                        And time just slips away
                        Bonnie Raitt

Comment

A quality shout Snadger. Keep us posted.

Comment

Top stuff Snadger. Really impressed and as Feather says, inspirational. it has certainly given me something else to thinking about when I get my plot.

can't wait for more pics.
                            Catch up with my daily doings at http://kaypeesplot.blogspot.com/ and http://kaypeeslottie.blogspot.com/ but wait a while cos these are well out of date ! Don't want to ditch them entirely cos I'll never remember the urls !

Comment

Nice pics, but as a Canadian I'm only guessing at what you call an allottment. Can you please inform me?
                              Thanks
                              MANICORGANIC
                              sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X