My Favorite Fuchsia

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Favorite Fuchsia

Here is a picture of my favorite fuchsia it is always the first to bloom it spends all winter in unheated greenhouse but wakes up every spring i know what variety does anybody else there aint no prizes unless you want a cutting jacob
    Last edited by jacob marley; 21-05-2009, 04:51 PM.
    What lies behind us,And what lies before us,Are tiny matters compared to what lies Within us ...
    Ralph Waide Emmerson

Sorry Jacob, don't know the variety. One of my favourites is Mrs Marshall which is a single trailing variety, with creamy pink outer thingys (can't remember the proper name) and deep pink inners. Will post a picture when the flowers open. Nearly there, on a semi-shady patio, and the plant has been continuously propogated from a cutting I first got around fifteen years ago.

Comment

It's a bit on the small side (foto that is) the flowers look a bit like phyllis from what I can see of them but she's not a trailer ( she was Percy Throwers favourite though). I'll have another study ....
      ntg
      Never be afraid to try something new.
      Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
      A large group of professionals built the Titanic
      ==================================================

Comment

Mrs Marshall is still being a bit shy, but getting there. Meanwhile, here is a photo of "Blacky" which is looking good.
        Attached Files

Comment

I LOVE fuchisas! Come on everyone - lets have a look at your photos! Nearest I'm going to get as I'm not growing any this year! Bernie
          Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

I cooked mine the other week DDL it was raining so I didn't go down the g/house & then the sun came out so they are sulking under the staging at the mo
            ntg

Comment

Ok a well clues think a london football team and Nottingham plus can any body tell the difference between Blacky and Milleniumjacob
              What lies behind us,And what lies before us,Are tiny matters compared to what lies Within us ...
              Ralph Waide Emmerson

Comment

Originally posted by jacob marley View Post
                Here is a picture of my favorite fuchsia it is always the first to bloom it spends all winter in unheated greenhouse but wakes up every spring i know what variety does anybody else there aint no prizes unless you want a cutting jacob
                Not really big enough to see them proper. The flower is a bit like Loves Reward but thats not as red How about Display?
                ntg

Comment

Originally posted by nick the grief View Post
                  Not really big enough to see them proper. The flower is a bit like Loves Reward but thats not as red How about Display?
                  no were near work the clues it's there jacob
                  Ralph Waide Emmerson

Comment

At last Mrs Marshall is flowering (has been for a few days but my camera went to London with my daughter!!!!). Attached I hope, pictures of Mrs Marshall and another pretty one (bit pale for me which I am assured is called Lillian Annetts)
                    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the photos everyone.

I've gone big on fuschias in the greenhouse this year and bought a large set from Thompson and Morgan. With a lot of TLC (they arrived in February!), I've just about got them to the flowering stage. I'm quite excited as I've never grown them before, although we do have a large hardy fuschia hedge around the garden.

Most of the greenhouse ones are double flowering ones, so I'm hoping for a big display I'll try and get some photographs during the week as they open.
                      ~
                      Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway.
                      ~ Mary Kay Ash

Comment

Ok a well clues think a london football team and Nottingham plus can any body tell the difference between Blacky and Milleniumjacob
                        I'm up for a guess as long as you don't mind totally ignorance - ....Spurs Forest? Chelsea County?

Pretty though, JM.

Comment

Lovely fuchsias Rustylady. I only grow outdoor hardy varieties - but I've got 4 different kinds. Not all flowering yet but I'll post pics as they come up. Magellanica is doing it now so will get that one tomorrow.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Originally posted by Hazel at the Hill View Post
                            I'm up for a guess as long as you don't mind totally ignorance - ....Spurs Forest? Chelsea County?

Pretty though, JM.
                            well you have not mentioned the right team and nottingham is famous for some thing else jacob
                            Ralph Waide Emmerson

Comment

well you have not mentioned the right team and nottingham is famous for some thing else jacob
                              Is nottingham famous at all
                              ntg

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X