No announcement yet.

How Much To Build a Wood Privacy Fence?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Much To Build a Wood Privacy Fence?

Hello all - Pretty new to the forum so may not have the search tricks figured out yet!

I was looking for any posts about how much it costs - and the easiest way to build an inexpensive wood privacy fence?

I did find a nice article from the U.S. - but the steps and sources could be different here in the U.K?

Anyway, thanks in advance for anyone who can direct me onward!
    Keith

Depends on the length, height, type, materials, and whether you are doing it yourself or paying someone else?

Comment

One thing you might try is to see if you have a local lumber yard where they take in tree trunks and cut them up into sawn timber. The outside bits of the trunks (called slabbing in my neck of the woods) are often virtually worthless to the trade but can be used to make fences etc, as long as you are not looking for a perfect finish.

Obviously have a rough measure up of the length and height of the fence you envisage, then multiplying the two will give you the approx square meter amount you need. Tell this figure to the timber people, and they'll then have an idea of what you require. Don't forget you'll need some fence posts too, but any agricultural supplier will sell you a wodge of those fairly cheaply.

Comment

Where do you plan to put this fence?
        On an allotment, you could make a screen using ‘dead hedging’, which will cost nothing if you can forage dead wood round the site ;-)

Comment

How To Build a Cheap Wood Fence

Thanks for the suggestions - All Great Advice!

The fence I wish to construct will be around 240 linear feet long.
          I want to use Wood - Not Vinyl - and I would like it to be as inexpensive as possible (obviously

I read an article today that was very helpful in fact offered step by step instructions - and even a couple of videos - so with that cheap fence advice - and that I received at this forum - I think I am ready to tackle the project.

Thanks Again!
          Kevin

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X