No announcement yet.

Home Made Grow Lights

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a Numpty I am............I have several pots of Onions & Sweet Peas currently under the lights all at different stages of growth so naturally the tubes are position to the highest plant, in this case Sweet Peas as they are in loo rolls. The onions have been stood on blocks to lift them to the same height.....here comes the Numpty bit: The lights are on chains so I have adjusted them individually so the light is set at an angle of about 10 degrees. I can then put the tallest plants at the high end & the smallest plants at the low end, moving them along the tubes as they grow..............no blocks required..........I know this would not work for Bren or VC where your tube is set horizontally....................or would it?
    sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• Hey up Numpty, mine's been at an angle since day one!!. Since mine just rests on the top or hooks into one of the side bars of the crate, I can move it around whenever the fancy takes me. Here's a piccy - had to turn the light off as it kept fooling the camera

The seedlings are growing towards the light - but I guess thats inevitable with only one tube - so I move it a couple of times a day to balance then up.
      Attached Files

Comment

• I'll be using blocks BM that's once I get around to sowing some seeds, this year trying not to be too eager.
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• It's making a massive difference to my aubs - this morning they were just the u-bends, and now they're an inch and half high, not leggy, thick stem, lush green leaves. Mad.

Definitely worth it!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
            I'll be using blocks BM that's once I get around to sowing some seeds, this year trying not to be too eager.
            You know you want to Bren............
            sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”

Comment

• Sitting on my hands sitting on my hands sitting on my hands

Comment

• Will that make your fingers grow Redser?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
                  FTAO Bramble:

Cheap LED Light and Grow Box - The Cheap Vegetable Gardener

Read Updates 2 & 3.........really interesting.
                  Going back to this link, and knowing that I wouldn't have the patience to drill countless equally spaced holes in a plastic lid, I've thought of an alternative
                  A piece of small gauge wire netting or plastic mesh? Something rigid enough to cope with being "poked through" but not so solid that you need to drill it. I may have to go looking for some cheapo lights

Comment

• Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                    Going back to this link, and knowing that I wouldn't have the patience to drill countless equally spaced holes in a plastic lid, I've thought of an alternative
                    A piece of small gauge wire netting or plastic mesh? Something rigid enough to cope with being "poked through" but not so solid that you need to drill it. I may have to go looking for some cheapo lights
                    You've got far to much time on your hands............

Comment

You've got far to much time on your hands............
                      ...but I'm not sitting on them like redser

Comment

• I hope I have your enthusiasm when I get as young as you..............

Comment

• You're only a day older than I am

Comment

• Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                            ...but I'm not sitting on them like redser
                            I shall not be moved! I still have post shuffle stress syndrome from last year.
                            Well I might be tempted to chit a few mangetout. Just a few mind you.

Comment

• Mine's pure experimentation so if it goes belly up - nothing lost. Go on, indulge yourself with a few mangetout

Comment

On the subject of reflective materials, T3sco are selling 4mt foil wrapping paper for a squid......I'm so tempted.
                                I haven't read through the whole thread yet, but our local pound shop was selling turkey foil for 5p a roll.
                                I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X