No announcement yet.

My Wet Patch

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So the bars remaining in the ground doesn't 'block' the holes? I could see it working if you had a steel pipe with holes drilled in it.

But it sounds easy, you just get like 1m lengths of iron rod and a sledge hammer? (OK, maybe not easy but simple)

Comment

You pull the rod out - leaving a hole!! Fill it with sand or gravel to improve drainage, if you want.
      I was going to suggest you check for water mains (or any underground pipework before you do it). I see from your previous thread that you know where the pipes are http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...tch_78977.html

Comment

Oh yeah, that was when I thought the soil was just too clay-ey. Now I realise the soil is the same everywhere, it just doesn't drain in that corner.

Hammering in and leaving permanently hollow rods with holes in I could see being an option, but I never heard of such things. Such a "minimally invasive" approach would be great!

Comment

How is leaving tubes in the ground going to help drainage unless they have holes drilled into them through the length of the tube.
          Last edited by Bigmallly; 05-09-2014, 11:17 AM.
          sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
          --------------------------------------------------------------------
          Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
          -------------------------------------------------------------------
          Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
          -----------------------------------------------------------
          KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Can you take some photo's of the general area so we can see what you have to work with please. Great care needs to be exercised here in how & where you redirect the water as undermining the wall that supports the road could potentially cause even more problems.
            He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X