growing potatoes

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• growing potatoes

i have just bought 2 large flexible tubtrugs they hold 38 litres. if i drill holes in the bottom will this be ok to grow my seed potatoes in early spring?
    my plot march 2013http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvzqRS0_hbQ

hindsight is a wonderful thing but foresight is a whole lot better

yes it shall be fine. just make sure you use a good quality compost and do not feed them with nitrogen as you will get all leaf growth with very little (or small) tuber growth.
    All vehicles now running 100% biodiesel...
    For a cleaner, greener future!

Comment

If you drill holes around the side about an inch up from the bottom it will be easier to see when your watering when the water has got right down.

Not my tip originally, but one I've been happy to pinch!

Comment

Originally posted by hawthorns View Post
        i have just bought 2 large flexible tubtrugs they hold 38 litres. if i drill holes in the bottom will this be ok to grow my seed potatoes in early spring?
        They will be ok, as will grow bags on end, but...........if you ever need to move them, because they are flexible this will disturb the roots!
        Black florists buckets are cheap and seem to be the most popular container for spuds!
        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X