what plant is it?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what plant is it?

Having a browse through pigletwillies blog, I came across this piccie (hope you don't mind me copying it to ask )

The plant in the background behind the leaves..... I have a few on my site that we've inherited and was wondering what they are? Not sure if I should leave them or keep them.....

Will have to have a go at leaf mould! Mum has lots of trees in her garden.... will have a go next autumn
    "Nothing contrary to one's genius"

http://chrissieslottie.blogspot.com/

PW will no doubt tell us soon. My guess, from what I can see, is that it's the winter seedheads of an ice-plant. Sedum spectbile. I have a few. The leaves are bright green and fleshy during summer (supposedly called ice plant because these leaves feel cold in the summer heat) and they have big flat heads of garnet coloured flowers in autumn. In winter they are useful for the birds. Then you cut them down and the new shoots are there underneath. Lovely plant. - if that's what it is!

If it isn't, put us out of our misery Piglet!
    Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Thank you Flummery

I didn't want to pull them up before I knew what they were.... they sound nice, they definately look pretty!

Not sure if they can be moved or not, I'll google it later to see if they would survive being moved
      "Nothing contrary to one's genius"

http://chrissieslottie.blogspot.com/

Comment

Wait till PW confirms (or denies) though!
        Sadly, as far as I know, you can't eat them. Butterflies come to them though.

Comment

Yeah, and endless wasps! Love the plant, hate the wasps! Can't have it in the garden any more - the wasps are just too annoying!
          The weeks and the years are fine. It's the days I can't cope with!

Comment

Don't get wasps on mine.
            They made a nest in my shed though!

Comment

Maybe it was the variety I had in my garden then? Absolute wasp magnet - better than jam!
              The weeks and the years are fine. It's the days I can't cope with!

Comment

I get loads of flutterbys on mine but no wasps here either. There must be different varieties?
                Life may not be the party we hoped for but since we're here we might as well dance

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X