What's In A Name?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's In A Name?

You know what? It's fantastic that this lovely Grapevine is attracting so many new people wanting to grow their own fruit and vegetables, or extend their knowledge, and every time there's a new name pops up on the screen, I wonder how on earth you arrived at choosing your Grapevine name!

And if I can't put a face to a name, it's always interesting to know 'why' instead, don't you think?!

I'm Wellie, because I'm rarely seen 'out of them'! and my man is Trousers, because he calls me 'The Skirt'. Confused? You will be....!

You?

although i live and work in surrey, i am a fiercly proud cornishman, kernow is the cornish language name for cornwall, so kernowyon is cornishman in the cornish language.
    Kernow rag nevra

Some people feel the rain, others just get wet.
    Bob Dylan

Comment

Ah - NOW I understand! How lovely Kernowyon.... I'm only a wee Devonian Lass at heart and only knew of Emmetts and Piskies!
      Thank you for sharing that - you've painted a gorgeous Cornish picture around yourself now for me to share...
      X

Comment

Mine - well i can only plead lack of imagination!
        Jane,
        keen but (slightly less) clueless
        http://janesvegpatch.blogspot.com

Comment

It's what people call me, "Hey, Wayne!" Usually followed by "...what's the weather like up there?" Growing up I always had an affinity with the painting by Constable too.
          A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Lainey lou is short for Elaine Louise and is a childhood nickname along with Lil (not li-lo), I,m now nearly 34 and still only get called Elaine if I'm in trouble!
            Sorry Wellie, not very exciting!
            Last edited by lainey lou; 30-01-2008, 09:20 AM.
            Imagination is everything, it is a preview of what is to become.

Comment

Oh boy, interesting thread Wellie. My name is Shirley and since that can also be a male name 'the girl' is for clarification, 43 is our house number (and my age for this year). I actually hate being called Shirl in 'real life' though.
              Last edited by shirlthegirl43; 30-01-2008, 08:17 AM.
              Happy Gardening,
              Shirley

Comment

Flummery is a sweet, soft pudding! Need I say more?
                Mr F might argue with the word sweet, however!
                Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

I would love to tell you but I would have to moderate my post and possibly ban myself.

And NO its not like a corkscrew!!!!!

Comment

The mind boggles!
                    Imagination is everything, it is a preview of what is to become.

Comment

My name is Clare and I have a very good friend in UK who turned it into Scarey Clarey, xan't imagine why - I don't think I'm that scarey!? On another forum I wanted Scarey for my username but I could only have it with 55 on the end. And so it came to pass!
                      A garden is a lovesome thing, God wot! (Thomas Edward Brown)

Comment

Originally posted by pigletwillie View Post
                        I would love to tell you but I would have to moderate my post and possibly ban myself.

And NO its not like a corkscrew!!!!!
                        Are you a barmans friend?
                        A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

My name cam from a nickname I picked up in the early days of work where I worked on a helpdesk for a company then called Bass as in the beer. When anybody new needed to speak to me they were told to ask for the Bass Man, the name stuck.
                          Last edited by Bassman; 30-01-2008, 08:52 AM.

Comment

my names carl and the first boat i went to sea on was called " SHEWOLF " but for obvious reasons had to change it to SEAWOLF.
                            ---) CARL (----
                            ILFRACOMBE
                            NORTH DEVON

a seed planted today makes a meal tomorrow!

www.freewebs.com/carlseawolf

http://mountain-goat.webs.com/

now in blog form ! UPDATED 15/4/09

Comment

well my nick name at work is snake(its a long story) and i am a squadie. so i kept it nice and simple

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X