What's In A Name?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Flummery View Post
    Botty-boos - bin prounouncing you wrongly all this time. Soz Sarz!
    Yip, me too.
    A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

• Well I'm flummery 'cos it's a wobbly puddin' - it also means claptrap or flim-flam so you may now choose to ignore all my advice!
      Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

• I've been Arachne since I first wandered on the net as a wee sprout and had to choose a nickname for something. I'd been Arachne at a themed masquerade ball earlier that year, and have always liked spiders, so it stuck.

These days, I know so many people from t'internet that in fleshspace I'm generally called Ara. I don't mind a bit

Comment

• We recently had a baby daughter and named her Jessica. As well as being 2 completely made up words "cas d'isjased" is an anagram of "jessica's dad", which is me! I think I may have too much time on my hands.

Comment

• Hi DDL, found the older thread and have merged yours in so we can keep adding to the previous list
            Shortie

"There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children; one of these is roots, the other wings" - Hodding Carter

Comment

• Originally posted by Flummery View Post
              Botty-boos - bin prounouncing you wrongly all this time. Soz Sarz!
              Hahahahaha No worries, it was just in your head & I didn't hear you

Comment

• Even though Gazza sounds like a mans name/nickname Im a girl - well middleaged woman. My kids called me Gazza [after the footballer who used to sob] when they were still at home cos anything would set me off crying. Happy things, sad things, animal things, in fact most things!

Comment

• I was lttle weed when I joined but lost my self somehow!!! So renamed and rejoined as mrsdog. I had a rescue dog who everyone called mrs hence the mrsdog. Plus I am rarely seen without my dogs. Littleweed was better though because from my little weeds grew huge b's!!!! I love my forums they keep me smiling.

Comment

• dinky_doo was my mums name for me when i was a nipper
                    PRESTON NORTH END
                    xbox gamertag billybobs
                    add me to your friends list if you got what it takes

Comment

• about 15 years ago i was introduced to my friend's brothers as Sara (my real name) then the next time i saw them one thought i was called sandra and another thought lucy. They put them together and i became zanussi- it was the least embarrassing nick name i've had although i never get called it anymore except on forums, etc...
                      xx

Comment

• I chose my name as it started from my days playing snooker.. Hurricane Higgins, Whirlwind White...and so i used Syanide S... (my surname begins with an S).

I didn't use my real first name, which is Kam, as I was (and always am) sceptical when I register on websites. All good now, but it's weird signing off as syanide instead of kam!

Comment

• mine started when i took up gardening, my hubby who dont like gardening or much else i have an interest in, kept calling me percy thrower or charlie dimock so when thinking of a screen name percy charlie was born. dont know if appropraite for a female but i quite like it at the moment. also being 27 i dont look like either of them good job as percy is probably dead do share some similarities with charlie though, used to have brown hair with a natural golden reddy colour before i dyed it and is slightly wavy.

Comment

• I'm a scientist and have worked with viruses for a long time. Capsid is the inside bit of some viruses I got to know.
                            Mark

Vegetable Kingdom blog

Comment

• My go!!

My outside space is a pretty special one, (almost) in the shadows of the first industrial suspension bridge, Menai Bridge, engineered by Telford in 1815. It's an incredibly enduring and beautiful structure, designed for stage coaches, but now supporting a myriad of vehicles, structurally unchanged for 200 years.

I'm a coastal oceanographer, and also love the water that runs underneath it. My MSc project was a numerical model of this baffling stretch of water, the Menai Strait. The currents get up to 2m/s, incredible movement for the sea.

So, to get back to the point (I ramble, apologies), menai_terrace....I'm fortunate to live a fishing rod's throw away from the water, on a gorgeous sunny raised terrace. I reckon I've the most fortunate gardening view of all.....what do you guys think?

Comment

• Love the view menai
                                I'm in morecambe, can't see the bay from the garden but walking the dogs
                                (2 border collies) along the prom in the sunshine (Wind rain etc) is a wonderful de-stresser. Which leads me back to gardening.. I'm kayjay my initials as easy as that.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X