No announcement yet.

What's In A Name?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Momol is taken from my hamster name: Mo the Mol (=mole).
    He is a funny little friendly creature who always dig and since GYO is related to lots of digging ( and planting too of course) I use his name....
    I grow, I pick, I eat ...

Comment

Madmax: 'nuff said really. I was called this at '3' when I worked there. I turned up one day and one guy said, "Sounds like half the US 4th Army was arriving - what engine you got there, tank, truck, turbine?" Then they saw the black car I drive. No supercharger sticking outta the hood (yet) though. So one smart ar5e said, "Looks like Mad Max's car". Stuck since then.

Bassman, my car was bought in '87 by Bass Charrington for the MD - same crowd?
      Let's go diggin' dirt....

Big silver bird, come land low and slow
      Cut your engines, cool your wings,
      You've taken me home...

Comment

Originally posted by momol View Post
        Momol is taken from my hamster name: Mo the Mol (=mole).
        He is a funny little friendly creature who always dig and since GYO is related to lots of digging ( and planting too of course) I use his name....
        How sweet! I was going to ask you on Saturday - but forgot! Can I share the cheese with a few grapes please?
        Let's go diggin' dirt....

Big silver bird, come land low and slow
        Cut your engines, cool your wings,
        You've taken me home...

Comment

Originally posted by madmax View Post
          Bassman, my car was bought in '87 by Bass Charrington for the MD - same crowd?
          Yep same company.

Comment

Originally posted by madmax View Post
            How sweet! I was going to ask you on Saturday - but forgot! Can I share the cheese with a few grapes please?
            Of Course,please do ! love the sharing idea .
            Greeting to the grapes .

Momol
            I grow, I pick, I eat ...

Comment

Love 'em! It's a nice way of getting to know each other a little better, don't you think?
              Keep 'em coming!

Comment

It's a great idea Wellie!
                Imagination is everything, it is a preview of what is to become.

Comment

mine comes from the nickname given to us girls in RAF officer training in the late 1980's, when we were obviously still quite a novelty!! We were all called lumpyjumpers or Doris, usually by the PTI's (Phys Trg Instructors....<shudders> )

And yes my jumper really is quite lumpy!!! LOL!!!

Lumpyjumper

http://lumpyjumpers.blogspot.com

updated blog - 15 Dec 2009

Comment

Well i can't say mines to exciting, and it's pretty obvious, but i just love Veg. that is growing the stuff (i get all excited when the seeds pop through). and of course, eating it as well. YUMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmm
                    "He that but looketh on a plate of ham and eggs to lust after it hath already committed breakfast with it in his heart"

Comment

My real name is Claire and there are rather a lot of people who share it, so I wanted to pick something different. I chose Seahorse because I like seahorses! It's a useful non gender-specific, non hobby related name too, works on any forum and means I don't have to broadcast my real name/age/interests until or unless I want to.
                      I was feeling part of the scenery
                      I walked right out of the machinery
                      My heart going boom boom boom
                      "Hey" he said "Grab your things
                      I've come to take you home."

Comment

Cos it's my name????? OH thinks it really funny that I can't be bothered to be imaginative with these things, it's more that I don't want to have to remember different names etc for different places so it's easier for me to just use my own name. Either that or I'm really called Bert and dress up as a woman called Alison on a Saturday night........you can decide yourselves...............

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Originally posted by Alison View Post
                          Cos it's my name????? Either that or I'm really called Bert and dress up as a woman called Alison on a Saturday night........you can decide yourselves...............
                          Hey Bert!

A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

aprently there are special web sites you can go on for that kind of thing bert erm i mean alison

Comment

Originally posted by HeyWayne View Post
                              Hey Bert!

Sorry just had to have another bert, just love bert and ernie!
                              If I say my real name is ernie will you do us an ernie wayne? Pretty please??
                              Imagination is everything, it is a preview of what is to become.

Comment

Originally posted by lainey lou View Post
                                Sorry just had to have another bert, just love bert and ernie!
                                If I say my real name is ernie will you do us an ernie wayne? Pretty please??
                                Auuugh Errrniiiieeeee (said in a nasal kinda voice)

A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X