No announcement yet.

What's In A Name?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm little, I'm hyper and mischievous, I miss Cornwall with a fierce passion, I'm always in boots - be they doc martins, wellies, kickers, motorbike boots, long black stilettos .... ...
    aka
    Suzie

Comment

I worked in Lebanon a couple of years ago and had to do a lot of talking on radio's so the boss decided for security reasons we had to have a "nom de guerre" I chose bob. The rest of the team were all French and Sponge Bob SquarePants had just hit France, known as Bobleponge.....
      The rest, as they say....
      Bob Leponge
      Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

part of my mispent youth AXE was my the name i used on the arcade machines you had only three letters and was quick to put in
        A was the start point three spaces back X and Four spaces from A
        forwards is E and 70 year of birth

Comment

Erm, I work for the RSPB and did a contract on a very small island in Orkney for a couple of summers. The island gets a "Birdie Man" or a "Birdie Wife" each year from the RSPB, so they can say to each other "do you know when the Birdie Wife's curtains opened this morning? It was..." etc etc lovely island, lovely people, very nosey!

Dwell simply ~ love richly

Comment

Very boring here too - my cat is moggs and I use it for my emails so wanted to keep to the same thing so I would rememeber it! Sue is me of course .... sorry, ought to have thought of a more imaginative story to beguile you with!
            Life may not be the party we hoped for but since we're here we might as well dance

Comment

And I obviously cant spell 'remember' !!!!
              Life may not be the party we hoped for but since we're here we might as well dance

Comment

Originally posted by HeyWayne View Post
                *makes mental note to play this: YouTube - 50 cent go shorty on Shortie's birfday.
                Now theeere's a tune
                Shortie

"There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children; one of these is roots, the other wings" - Hodding Carter

Comment

Originally posted by Polly Fouracre View Post
                  When I bought a four-acre field my sister ,Jane ,reffered to me as "Mistress Fouracre". The Polly came from I know not where!
                  I quite like the name though and might change my own name to it!!
                  I googled Polly Fouracre guesswhat I got...............................
                  http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...ate_10339.html
                  The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
                  Brian Clough

Comment

Again, unimaginative. Bramble because thats what i started out with. A big bramble patch. I am sorry i chose that name however because i always think it sounds like a bad humoured person when i am not like that at all.

And when your back stops aching,
                    And your hands begin to harden.
                    You will find yourself a partner,
                    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Hi
                      When I started I was new to forums and didn't know about all these fancy names hence Sue, most unimaginative!
                      I always think its funny that you build up pictures of people from the names they use and then something they say means its obvious they're a man when you thought they were a woman and vice versa...have to put the brain into gear and make the adjustment.
                      best wishes
                      Sue

Comment

Originally posted by bramble View Post
                        Again, unimaginative. Bramble because thats what i started out with. A big bramble patch. I am sorry i chose that name however because i always think it sounds like a bad humoured person when i am not like that at all.
                        but a bramble is such a worthwhile wild plant. Yes it is prickly, but the reward for tolerating the scratches!!! Wahey - bramble jelly!
                        Happy Gardening,
                        Shirley

Comment

I live in a rambling old cottage with a large, yes you guessed it... cottage garden. No surprises there. I love the fact the garden can look a tangled mess with terracotta pots and flowering weeds in the beds and it all looks themed....when actually its a just a mess. As long as there are enough rambling roses and foxgloves you can get away with most things.
                          Last edited by cottage garden; 31-01-2008, 08:18 PM.

Comment

Mines boring too, my full name is Michelle, and although I was fairly savy not to use real names when registering on forums, I was not imaginative enough to think of another name entirely!!

However, strangely enough no one ever calls me shelle in real life, all through school, college and work no one has ever shortened my name.

Very interesting reading everyone elses reasons for their user names

Comment

My Grape name is Tracey. My real name is Tracey, and because this is the only forum I've joined I didn't realise that you could call your self another name. I thought about joining again and calling myself a cool name. But sadly, even with the help of OH and kids we couldn't come up with anything. Pathetic I know.
                              Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants.

Michael Pollan

Comment

Originally posted by pigletwillie View Post
                                I would love to tell you but I would have to moderate my post and possibly ban myself.

And NO its not like a corkscrew!!!!!
                                Would it be anything to do with a rugby club outing and a certain individual going "Wee, wee, wee, all the way home"?
                                Always thank people who have helped you immediately, as they may not be around to thank later.
                                Visit my blog at http://podsplot.blogspot.com/ - Updated 18th October 2009
                                I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X