New member, new allotment..ahh!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member, new allotment..ahh!

I've introduced myself elsewhere, so apologies if this is kind of doubling up....
    I've been at stay at home mum for the last three years after kicking the corporate BS to the kerb! Got into gardening last year and just got my allotments in Port Sunlight PORT SUNLIGHT VILLAGE ONLINE COMMUNITY. I'm also stuyding for RHS advanced Cert in Horticulture.....exam next week and panicing.
    All well and good learning the theory...need to get stuck into some practical,
    Did well though inherited nice greenhouse and shed.
    http://newshootsinsunlight.blogspot.com/

Well done on your lottie!! ( esp the shed AND greenhouse!)

What plans do you have?
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Hi Nicos,
      Well clearing it to begin with. The greenhouse house is nearly all clean and I got the cheap Argos staging 4 units. The plot itself is full of weeds, so I'll be taking that slowly and planting as I go, firstly with potatoes.
      I don't have a formal plan this year, just get going growing some stuff, and see how I get on - figure I'll learn better from my mistakes!!!
      Have seeds for toms, aubergines, peppers, onions, beans, peas, chard as well as load of herbs so plenty to have a go at.
      http://newshootsinsunlight.blogspot.com/

Comment

Hi Newshoots, when I was a kid I always wanted to live at Port Sunlight, it looked such a lovely place. I didn't realise that the Levers supplied their workers with lotties as well as houses. Good luck with your new ventures and don't forget to post the lottie pics
        I you'st to have a handle on the world .. but it BROKE!!

Comment

Hi there Newshoots - I used to live up the road from Port Sunlight, a lovely place!! Good luck with the growing venture and the certificate.
          Life may not be the party we hoped for but since we're here we might as well dance

Comment

Welcome to the vine Newshoot and congratulations for your lottie.
            I was hooked by growing veg 3 years ago and really nice to know we are not the only one....
            I grow, I pick, I eat ...

Comment

Welcome to the vine. Love the funky looking wellies and enjoy the forum!
              Food for Free

Comment

Hello

Hi There

I live in the village and have been on the waiting list for 4 years and yesterday I finally got one and its very overgrown. Are you still in the village?

Mark

Comment

Mark,

Welcome to the vine but this thread is dated 2008.

Potty
                  Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

The original poster last visited in February 2009 so don't think you're going to get an answer.

Comment

Hello and welcome to the vine Mark

Like the others have said this is an old thread so you'd be best posting first in the Introduce Yourself part of the forum.
                      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Welcome Mark, now this thread has been revived i want to know how she got on with her exams and the new plot. Just a few posts in 2008 then silence.
                        photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X