X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• root trainers

How good are root trainers?
    flobadob

dunno I asked the same question in the veggie section - for me they seem good for beans.
    To see a world in a grain of sand
    And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

rootrainers

they do exactly what they say on the tin, to be honest i cant see whats wrong with the good old plant pot or modules its not like they havent worked for years, but they are supposed to prevent root damage when planting out which can check growth until settled when transplanting...

ill stick to my seed trays and pots me thinks i like potting on

Comment

Thanks,
        Yes i think i will stick to the old fasioned way.
        flobadob

Comment

I have to say the root 'run' that you get with the rootrainers on beans was fantastic - we planted them out the other day and the beans are galloping away up the canes....compared to previous years roots better and goes up faster.
          To see a world in a grain of sand
          And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

I would suggest root trainers for any plants that put down long roots like peas, beans sweet pea etc. I think they're great and the plants don't get root bound. Good luck whatever method you go with.

And when your back stops aching,
            And your hands begin to harden.
            You will find yourself a partner,
            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

hi,
              I've used root-trainers for the past two years, with runner beans and sweet corn.
              The results have been fantastic. The main benefit is that the tap roots which protrude from the bottom are withered by contact with air, and thus encourage a denser root system.
              good luck, with which ever system to choose.

Comment

As I said in veggie section, I've used rootrainers and loo rolls.Get better germination, and root growth with loo rolls for sweetcorn,and runner beans, but has been rootrainers which have worked really well for all the different peas.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X