raising my game

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• raising my game

i've been lurking on this forum for a while finding it really friendly and useful for solid advice and encouragement. Ive been veg gardening for approx 4 years starting with a bed in the garden with salad pots and sweetcorn (faves). Last year cleared more space and now have couple of higgledy piggledy raised beds-which were despite horrid summer vproductive. My neighbours seeing (and tasting) my little plot growing, decided to do same and turned over half of garden (at least 50ft) to veg and fruit- deffo emulating tom and barbara.

This year with forums help Im determined to be more adventurous. Started this week with shallotts, shovelling goat and donkey poo and planting spuds -nadine,ratte and swift. Emptied last years compost bin into trench for beans-dwarf broad and french.

Im trying for more successive sowing, and several crops in same bed.

wish me luck. im off to search for advice what to sew now in new cold frame ive just bought (sale bargain).
    My Square Foot Gardening Experiment Blog :
    http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...log_usercp.php

Lurketh no longer francis! Welcome to the Vine!

I am sure you will find all the encouragement you need here. It is a great place for finding out about other exciting things to plant and grow. Keep posting and let us know how you get on.
    ~
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway.
    ~ Mary Kay Ash

Comment

Hello and welcome You'll find some (most?) of us can get positively giddy with the thrill of growing our own, so you're in good company!

Do let us know how you get on!
      I was feeling part of the scenery
      I walked right out of the machinery
      My heart going boom boom boom
      "Hey" he said "Grab your things
      I've come to take you home."

Comment

Howdy.

Hello Francisbean, welcome to the Vine.
        Are they your own goats and donkeys... or are just just geting the poo...?
        Blogging at..... www.thecynicalgardener.wordpress.com

Comment

seasprout I glad you didn't ask if Francisbean was using her own ..... oops stop now! Hi FrancisBean, whats your fave bean then?

Edit - nice piccy as your avatar, are they your flowers?
          Last edited by smallblueplanet; 23-02-2008, 07:27 PM.
          To see a world in a grain of sand
          And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

welcome to the vine Francesbean
            Smile and the world smiles with you

Comment

thanks for the welcome. Seasprout -the goats and bramble the donkey live in fields opp my house, owned by lovely bloke who keeps them as pets- hes more than happy to let us have loads of poo, and my garden is the better for it. SBP thanks for the compliment -i dont have camera so no not my flowers. I like all beans,baked,runner, french. For the past couple of years ive cropped loads of cobra and safari- slugs and snails were a problem last year tho. Im trying saved seed this year. Also first time with broad beans- the sutton,cos they looked as though they'd be reliable.
              My Square Foot Gardening Experiment Blog :
              http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...log_usercp.php

Comment

Glad you're in from the cold, Francesbean, you miss all the posting fun by lurking I'm only a garden patch grower but the patch gets bigger every season, soon I'll have no grass left to cut.
                I you'st to have a handle on the world .. but it BROKE!!

Comment

welcome francesbean, i've not posted many messages, but everyone seems really cool - i've got raised beds and they worked well for me...just desperate for the growing season. i did spuds in containers last year....very successful. and did successive growing of carrots, beetroot and salad leaves. lovely! enoy the forum!
                  "A cat sees no good reason why it should obey another animal, even if it does stand on two legs."

Comment

Welcome francesbean. I'm impressed that you still have space left in your garden for things other than veggies . Stay on here for long enough and we will change that hehe
                    "He that but looketh on a plate of ham and eggs to lust after it hath already committed breakfast with it in his heart"

Comment

Welcome to the vine Francesbean! Sounds like you've got the veggie gardening bug!
                      My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X