Now here's a funny thing...:cool:

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now here's a funny thing...:cool:

About November time last year i dug a trench where i want to grow my runner beans this year an as my ol mum used to do i filled it with my kitchen scraps, (veg peelings, tea bags the sort of stuff you compost).
    I filled the trench over with soil just after xmas an the idea is that it rots away nicely, so that it should be about ready in time for me to plant out my runner beans in May into this nice trench of composted kitchen scraps .

Today i went out to run a hoe over the veg plot to take out the stray weed seedlings when on closer inspection it seems they are not weed seedlings, they are potato plants growing from the potato peelings!

Erm...i dont know what to do now..lol.. i took their heads off with the hoe anyways but i am sure it wont be long afor more come through. I am now wondering if i can go ahead an plant my runner beans there in May, or should i dive in an pull out all the impromptu potato plants first? could i possibly get a double whammy here an grow the potatoes an the beans in the same bit?

Not sure sure what to do now.., i didn't expect potato plants to grow from peelings.

Wren

They often do! Some people get a reasonable crop out of their compost bins. I shouldn't worry. Do the beans. You might get a free boilng of spuds later too.
    Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
    Working...
    X