Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cabbage seedlings

Hi all
    Oh well after a week on nights AGAIN finally got a change tonight to send a post well this week i've only had a hour or two to spare but i went up to the lottie today and i was delighted what i saw My flower of spring cabbage have all germinated (pic) but i sown 2-3 seeds in each of the moduel cells ( Do i ? when they get bigger prick them out and plant them out? ) as they are in the G/H at the Mo ?

cheers lee

TheGrosvenorStPlot

I pricked out my cauli seedlings from 3 per 2" pot to 1 per 2" pot when they had 2 proper leaves - they were a bit on the tall side so i was advised to bury the little blighters up to their necks, and now they look fab.

I would imagine that this would work well for the cabbage seedlings too.

Comment

I wouldn't be sowing my Spring cabbages until July.... though I have just sowed some Summer cabbages on a windowsill (Greyhound). I've sowed 2 per cell, and will pinch out the weakest one.
      All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

I agree with Two Sheds - I put Flower of Spring in last July and I still have a couple left (and a few of the stems are re-sprouting.) I put the seeds individually (they are quite big) in modules and just planted out when big enough - this was in Aug/Sept some time.
        Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

This is where I went wrong. Sowed my spring cabbage too late but this year I will sow them in July, no later. Also remember that your cabbage should ideally be at least 1 foot high by November after which the plants (or any overwintering chunky Brassica) will grow at a glacial rate before Spring. I will also give them some sort of cover (e.g. fleece, cloches etc) if only to encourage them to grow faster.
          Food for Free

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X