Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long in heated propagator

Hi all,

I've borrowed my dad's heated propagator and have started off some seeds and nearly all have germinated. My question is how long do I keep them in there for.

many thanks

Andy

As soon as they are thru keep them on the propagator but take the covers off if you can to accustom the tops to a lower temp, then move them to the staging and only cover at night if frost is forecast.
    ntg
    Never be afraid to try something new.
    Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
    A large group of professionals built the Titanic
    ==================================================

Comment

Once they're germinated the main factor becomes sufficient light rather than heat so accustom them then move them as soon as possible.
      Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

I agree acclimate as soon as they emerge. I do this with citrus seeds

Comment

I tend to take them out soon for repoting and harden off in unheated greenhouse (watch out for frost though) or they get too leggy, an inferior seedling. If however your heated propagator was placed outside in an unheated greenhouse where the plants would continue to receive light, then it wouldn't have mattered so much, you could leave them there to grow at a very fast rate. My heated propagator are indoors so not much light I'm afraid, they're used as germinator purpose only.
          Food for Free

Comment

As you move the plants outdoors they also need to be hardend. unheated greenhouse is the same.

Comment

What are the seeds?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X