New Garden

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Garden

Since i'm essentially a "new" gardener i thought it might be an idea to let you see what i am growing this year so that you might be able to offer any advice or warn about any pitfalls with the plants i have chosen.

Outdoors:
    Onion (from seed rather than sets)
    Leeks
    Swisss Chard
    Perpetual Spinach Beet
    Peas
    Carrots
    Cauliflower
    Early potatoes
    Beetroot
    Various salad leaves including Mizuna, Rocket, Land Cress, Lambs Lettuce Favor
    Broccoli Purple Sprouting
    Garlic
    As many herbs as i can in pots

Indoors/Greenhouse:
    Tomatoes
    Gherkins
    Gourd - will be planted outside later
    Aubergine
    Peppers

I also have a grape vine planted but due to my location i'm not expecting great results as far as fruit goes.

Any advice appreciated
    Detroitsburg - Where cool cars come

Looks very impressive indeed . I may be wrong but cabbages are supposedly much easier to grow than cauli. Leeks are useful winter crop. All your choice of leafy vegetables are very wise as they're relatively easy to grow, manage and perhaps even harvest continually as come and cut again. You could also consider Kale, the various tastier variety so don't confuse with the fodder crop type. Not all tomatoes need to be grown in the greenhouse, some will be perfectly happy outdoors. BTW what are your gourds?
    Food for Free

Comment

Stupidly i have thrown the packet away for the gourds so i'm not sure what variety they were. They were cheap seeds from lidl and looked from the picture to be decidedly pumpkin-like.
      Last edited by whigger; 10-03-2008, 09:51 PM.
      Detroitsburg - Where cool cars come

Comment

Originally posted by whigger View Post
        Stupidly i have thrown the packet away for the gourds so i'm not sure what variety they were. They were cheap seeds from lidl and looked from the picture to be decidedly pumpkin-like.
        I guess it to be some sort of winter squash (pumpkin-like but tastier). They can grow be outdoors but do follow previous or any new threads on them as they can be hit and miss - last year was bad year for winter squash with too much rain.
        Food for Free

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X