No announcement yet.

Things i will do different next year..

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Next year I will not sow my mange tout so early so that they are too tall for the guttering they are in and keep falling over, prompting me to plant them out the day before it snows! and then panic that I have killed them.
    pjh75

We sow the seed, nature grows the seed, we eat the seed. (Neil, The Young Ones)

http://producebypaula.blogspot.com/

Comment

I will also learn to be patient generally.
      pjh75

We sow the seed, nature grows the seed, we eat the seed. (Neil, The Young Ones)

http://producebypaula.blogspot.com/

Comment

When you learn the secret of patience - please do tell.

Next year I will not start everything off two months too early for the North.

But this was my resolution last year. And the year before. And the one before that.

February is soooo boring and dull... Nothing else to do but plant said doomed seeds. Good thing that you get lots in the packet!

Comment

Next year I will make sure I have plenty of pots before I start, and not have to go to various garden centres trying (in vain) to get 2 1/2" or 3" pots.

Next year I will not oversow my seeds - 15 cabbage seeds per (admittedly large) module means lots of pricking out. And I did that to brocolli, brussels sprouts, cabbages, caulflowers, and almost as bad with lots of tomatoes!!

But at least next year I now know how to prick out!!!! Thanks to the peeps here on the Vine

Next year, I will make sure that I get time to remove couch grass roots from the plot as I dig. (I knew that one this year, just no time to do it).

Comment

Next year I will not assume that I can manage to own the National Collection of climbing beans!
            Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

I will have finally got round to making an Asparagus bed........I could be eating it by now!!!!!
              Nestled somewhere in the Cambridgeshire Fens. Good soil, strong winds and 4 Giant Puffballs!
              Always aim for the best result possible not the best possible result

Forever indebted to Potstubsdustbins

Comment

Next year I'll make concerted efforts to finish one job before I start another!

That way I shouldn't finish up with an allotment full of half finished projects!
                My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

I will not tip a whole packet of leek seeds into one seed tray as they were a bit old, it looks like there's been an earthquake in there!
                  I will also, like dajeleh and no doubt many others, not plant loads of poor doomed seeds in febuary , only I probably will as soon as I can get into the poly withoug a balaclava on. Planting, it's just so exciting!
                  I will not decide that rotavating loads of grass and weeds straight into a new patch "will be fine", I now have some serious hoeing muscles!
                  There are no gardening mistakes, only experiments.

Comment

:next year i ....will stop being seen by my nieghbours acting a bit wierd around my hanging baskets of toms,like tucking them up each night an talking to em,an running round the patio with a bloody great piece of fleece over my head looking like an extra from ghostbusters each time some halfwit on the bbc says the word FROST!!,all the nieghbours now think im a right nutter...............

Comment

i WILL sow what i can in modules,using different sizes for different seeds,have started to collect modules now as next year the price no doubt will go up,and put the date on the label so i know how long it takes the daid seeds to pop up.
                      sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

next year
                        WILL NOT SOW SEEDS TOO EARLY
                        WILL LABEL EVERYTHING
                        i now cannot distinguish between courgette and baby watermelon oops.also brassicas that i have jsut put in the raised bed,that will be a suprise lol
                        joanne geldard

Comment

Originally posted by Mikeywills View Post
                          Next year I will have Jan, Feb & March, on the lottie which will be a big bonus and help me be more prepared.
                          Too right Mikey, I got my lottie last April, and it was a struggle to make much impact once the weeds had started growing. Some digging and mulching time in Jan/Feb/Mar have made all the difference for this year.

Next year, I won't buy loads of soft fruit canes from Aldi (with no firm idea of where to plant them) just cos they are cheap!
                          All at once I hear your voice
                          And time just slips away
                          Bonnie Raitt

Comment

Next Year

Well next year I'm just going to take everyone else's "things I'm gonna do next year" and do them. Sure I'll have the perfect veg at the right time

Seriously I'm just gonna plant what'll fit into the bed, thinks i've planted way too much in my eagerness to grow my own.
                            Can't really cook

Comment

I`m not going to cook my runner beans, peas peppers etc in my sort of propogator in a greenhouse in blazing sun! Checked the temp under the plastic, ooopps 35 +. Think they are dead! I will let them germinate on their own slowly! Instead of trying t be clever!

Off to the shops to buy more seed.

Sandra

Comment

Originally posted by Flummery View Post
                                Next year I will not assume that I can manage to own the National Collection of climbing beans!

Hahahahah! ...

next year
                                WILL NOT SOW SEEDS TOO EARLY
                                WILL LABEL EVERYTHING
                                i now cannot distinguish between courgette and baby watermelon oops.also brassicas that i have jsut put in the raised bed,that will be a suprise lol
                                Oooooo.... i bet there are quite a few Grapes viewing this that are busting to point fingers an say " I TOLD YOU SO "...lol..too funny You were not the only one as you can see Jo,Jo

Wren

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X