No announcement yet.

Things i will do different next year..

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

THIS year, I will ask for garden centre gift vouchers for christmas so that even though I'm on a tight budget, I can still afford to buy seeds, compost etc when the time comes.
    Next year I WILL cover my brassicas to stop caterpillar damage. My poor swedes!!!
    Do it! Life's too short

http://for-you-dad.blogspot.com/

Comment

Next year I will Try to be more organised
      I will not kill my strawberry plants by putting tomato food round them
      I will try and get some protection for my cabages from slugs, snails, catapilars and butterflies.
      I Will try not to plant too many things in pots
      I will try to plant at least 1 item in the ground
      I will plan to put my strawberries in hanging baskets
      I will plant more potatoes
      I will visit the Vine earlier
      I will plant things that grow quick that I Like
      The Weeds are Winning...

Sleep just let me Sleep...

Comment

next year I will remember to succession sow, instead of being too pleased with the first crop and not realising til its too late that there aren't anymore!
        Next year hope to move out of pots and have a couple of raised beds.
        Next year, aim to do the research and info gathering, before the seeds go in!!

Comment

Originally posted by novicegrower View Post
          next year I will remember to succession sow, instead of being too pleased with the first crop and not realising til its too late that there aren't anymore!
          Me too, guilty as charged
          A garden is a lovesome thing, God wot! (Thomas Edward Brown)

Comment

I think most of us do that to a greater or lesser extent. Just keep banging something in - it's better than weeds!
            Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Having just read Mrs Dobby's blog I'm going to try and keep a balance sheet, or at least a record of what I spend on the lottie. I realise the fun and satisfaction is priceless but an interesting exercise I think. Will also help to budget for the following year perhaps.

Comment

Thanks for the vote of confidence Kayt!
                Blessings
                Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

'Garden naked - get some colour in your cheeks'!

The Dobby's Pumpkin Patch - an Allotment & Beekeeping blogspot!
                Last updated 16th April - Video intro to our very messy allotment!
                Dobby's Dog's - a Doggy Blog of pics n posts - RIP Bella gone but never forgotten xx
                On Dark Ravens Wing - a pagan blog of musings and experiences

Comment

Put ties on plants when they need it...not a week later when my plants are bent and fallen!

Comment

I will buy something to keep those horrid butterflies off my veg.
                    I will sow in succession rather than all in one go and then realise that i have no more.
                    I will get hubby to dig more of our clay ridden garden up for more veg in raised beds this time and not just in pots.
                    I will have more Strawberry plants next year as one plant just isnt enough lol.
                    I will pu together my greenhouse something i was meant to do and just forgot.
                    I'm sure there is other things but that will do to start.

Comment

• next year i will not kill my peas in the green house but give then the cool sunny side that the second lot liked

i will not put 4 sweet corn seeds in a pot just becuse i hard only one in 3 seeds will come up and then decide wich ones im going to have to murder for the good of the one!!

and lastly and this for me is a biggy YOU DONT HAVE TO PLANT FREE SEEDS UNLESS YOU LIKE TO EAT IT

Comment

• Free seeds are a sometimes more trouble than they're worth aren't they!! Many years ago when my kids were little we had a packet of free wildlife seeds on one of their comics. I let them sprinkle the whole pack over an area at the botton of the garden. My now ex husband went mad when they started coming up in his regimented garden and 20years later apparently some are still coming up!!

Comment

• Good-oh! Guerilla gardening!

Comment

• sorry to be dim Flummery, I'm new to this, but what is Guerilla gardening?

Comment

• Guerilla Gardeners are a group who sow seeds, plant plants etc in bits of abandoned or unloved ground. They plant up rubbish strewn flower beds and bits of waste land. they get their plants from various sources - I think they got some from Chelsea this year.

Comment

• Thanks for the explanation, not something I've heard of. I'm sure my daughter will be thrilled when I tell her she was a 5yr old Guerilla Gardener

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X