Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visual difference between alicante and gardeners delight

HI

I have got my tomato seeds mixed up so now I am not sure which seedlings are alicante tomato and which are gardeners' delight.

Can anyone tell me the visual difference between the two types so that I can try and figure out which is which?

I have landed up with soo many tomato plants and need to give some away as soon as possible. However, I want to hold on to all my alicante plants.

They are at the 2nd leaf stage, BTW.

Bye for now
    CADS

oops !!.think the only dif is the size of the fruits.all i can sugest is to go to dobbies have a look at theres see you can spot any dif.

Comment

Originally posted by barrie tough View Post
      oops !!.think the only dif is the size of the fruits.all i can sugest is to go to dobbies have a look at theres see you can spot any dif.
      Good advice barrie! Once they flower though GD has elongated bunches of flowers/fruit whilst Alicante just have bunches!
      My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Thanks, guess I can't get away with all the potting up and planting out before I know. Guess we are going to be eating alot of tomatoes this year providing we have a better summer than the last one.

Comment

I sow my toms in 3 and a half inch pots (12 seeds per pot) then prick out into cell trays at second leaf stage (the best ones are the 12 cell size). At least all plants of the same variety are in one tray.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X