Broken courgette seeds

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broken courgette seeds

I have just opened a packet of courgette seeds and a number of them are broken... is this a good thing or a bad thing? i.e. will they germinate quicker because they have a head start (sort of?!) or will they be damaged and not germinate at all?
    Last edited by pjh75; 04-05-2008, 02:16 PM.
    pjh75

We sow the seed, nature grows the seed, we eat the seed. (Neil, The Young Ones)

http://producebypaula.blogspot.com/

Dunno if they're germinate or not, depends on how badly they are broken, I suppose. However, I'd complain to the seed supplier as they shouldn't be selling you mechandise which has obviously been stored in an unsatisfactory manner.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Thanks Alison. Some have the ends snapped off, others are snapped in half and I don't want to waste time trying to grow them if they are a lost cause. I didn't actually buy them, they were the freebie ones with the last issue of Lets Grow Veg... I wasn't going to grow courgettes this year, but then thought as I had them I may as well give it a go.
      Last edited by pjh75; 04-05-2008, 03:14 PM.
      pjh75

We sow the seed, nature grows the seed, we eat the seed. (Neil, The Young Ones)

http://producebypaula.blogspot.com/

Comment

Snapped in half won't grow. Ends off might. Why not bung them in and see? Sow two to a pot with 'end off' seeds paired with a complete seed. Usually you discard the one that doesn't do well anyway so that should work quite well.
        Please let us know how they do!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X