Planning plot

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Planning plot

I am starting to think about planning my veg patch and was wondering about the layout, I plan to do 6 beds each 1m wide by 3/4 deep firstly is this a good size and also is it normal to lay paving slabs in between the beds, I would like to do grass between the beds but i am worried that it would end up getting trampled down over time.

Mark
    is sweat good for watering the garden??

http://oneamanandhisfork.blogspot.com/

hi mark - sounds like a fab plan...! I've put gravel between my raised beds, I guess slabs would be good, if you are intending pushing a wheelbarrow up and down or as I would imagine walking up and down, walking up and down, walking up and down - grass would get all trodden over etc as you think. I've got two raised beds, one is 1 ft deep and the other about 6 inches - works for me! not sure how deep beds really should be! some more grapes will be along I'm sure to advise further!

Dee
    "A cat sees no good reason why it should obey another animal, even if it does stand on two legs."

Comment

Grass is not a good choice for paths. It gets really muddy in winter, and needs constant cutting in summer.
      If you're thinking of utilising the grass you've got, it's most likely couch grass, and will quickly spread itself into your surrounding beds.
      All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X