Broadbean

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broadbean

I planted what turned out to be broadbeans in pots - a little late. I've had lots of broadbeans from them. The plants are now about 2 and a half feet high. No more flowers. are they finished or will more come? I don't really want to keep watering foliage.

Thanks

Veggiemo gave a top tip that if you cut the foliage down you should get a second crop of broad beans.
    [

Comment

I can vouch for this - new shoots and flowers appearing only a week or so after cutting down!

Comment

Don't forget DTC that if you leave a few pds on at the end & let them dry out you can save the seed till next year (mustard jars are good - empty of course) in the door of the fridge
        ntg
        Never be afraid to try something new.
        Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
        A large group of professionals built the Titanic
        ==================================================

Comment

Thanks for replies.

How much should I cut off - a little or a lot?

Comment

I have found Veggiemo's post and you cut them down a few inches above the ground just above a set of sprouting leaves. New stems should start growing in a few weeks.
            [

Comment

I'm baout to do that with my braod beans as I'm going to be picking the last few pods of this week. I'm glad someone's had some success from it...Hopefully mine will grow back soon too.

Comment

I've tried to locate the post mentioned - but can't find.

Do I cut on the stem and make sure that I have s few leaves above the cut area?

Can I plant some now for winter?

Comment

The post is in the thread Too Late For Broad Beans in the Vegging Out section. On page 6, dated 24/5. Veggiemo's is reply #3.
                  [

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X