Putting plants out in the sun

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Putting plants out in the sun

I ihave one green pepper plant and what is purported to be a chillie plant in the kitchen. Both going dam busters now. Three questions

1) Am I doing them any harm by puttin g them out in the sun whilst its very hot?

2) When did I know when to pick crop?

3) Can I plant chillies now and hope to get somthing before Christmas?

PS I'm going to have a lot more stuff next year. Someone predicted that I'h catch the bug and I believe I have!

Hi DTC,

I dont suppose that sitting them in a hot sunny position will do any harm, more like the opposite but I think that the key to chili growing is in the feeding. The August edition of GYO has a small article on chili's and tells you all about feeding etc.

Picking the crop is totally up to you as the fruits start off green and change to red as they mature.

Not sure about planting now as I have some in a growbag in the polytunnel that I planted out in May and I'm doubtful that they will grow enough to fruit before it goes too cold later in the year - but we'll see. Have a go, you wont really lose much if they fail will you?

Hope that helps (corrections as always are welcome).

Matt.
    Last edited by mattw; 20-07-2006, 01:35 PM.
    Birchtree plot forever.

Comment

Hi DTC, the chances of getting peppers through the winter are little or none. They need a long growing season, plenty of heat, lots of sunlight and bright skies. In our climate theres no hope of that. Better wait till next year and start off early.
      Good Luck.

And when your back stops aching,
      And your hands begin to harden.
      You will find yourself a partner,
      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...