Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planting from seed

is there any thing i can plant from seed within the next 2 weeks
    i also have some garlic cloves with long stems on them in the fridge could these be planted and what a bout spuds ????
    PRESTON NORTH END
    xbox gamertag billybobs
    add me to your friends list if you got what it takes

Hi Dinky

I think there might still be time for some carrots. Sure others can give you more advice on what can still be planted out now

I've always known Garlic to be planted in October as they need an initial cold snap to get them going and it's the cold that caused the clove to split so that you get many smaller cloves rather than one large one when you harvest it...
    Shortie

"There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children; one of these is roots, the other wings" - Hodding Carter

Comment

Dinky, you can probably plant beetroot in the next few weeks as well as lettuce, radishes and spring onions. As Shortie says the garlic is best left for October.

Comment

cheers guys ive only got a small patch dug over 6x4 ft so ill give it a week do a bit more digging and see where i am
        PRESTON NORTH END
        xbox gamertag billybobs
        add me to your friends list if you got what it takes

Comment

Also sow some broad beans now for over wintering - so I've read!!! Also is it Khol Rabi or whatever they were last months free seeds in GYO. I;'m planting lots of luttuce for the winter.

Comment

Peas will also give you a late crop if you chose an early type, such as Douce Provence which will mature quickly.
            Peas can be sown in July and the start of August.
            Turnips also mature quickly and their leaves can be used in salads.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X