No announcement yet.

Seed Catalogues and the Joys of Ordering

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jaxom phone them and ask if the orders have been sent. This year two of my orders went missing in the post but the two companies sent replacements immediately without any queries. The value of one order was over £40.
    [

Comment

maybe we should all order a packet of the same seeds on the same day and see which company delivers 1st and last?!!!! would be an interesting result. Maybe we could compare waiting times on the phone to them too!!!
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

I'm waiting for a "Family Apple tree" "Blueberry Collection" and a Collection of seeds [which I have forgotten the types ordered]. I must in future write down the names of the seeds. I have all the order numbers so I will start some phoning soon if nothing arrives by end of week.
        Jax

Comment

Plants of distinction

This year I have used the following supplier, Simply Vegetables (Plants of Distinction), I wanted to have a trial of tomatoes and they have a fantastic selection in their catalogue - so will let you know about the quality.

Have used Kings before but wasn't that impressed with the outcome. Dobies are great.

Regarding potatoes, my local garden centre are doing 3kg bags for £1.99, so I am taking two of my neighbours there next week and we are doing a plant share. Collectively we have the space but they don't have the time, so I will be doing lots of watering this year.

Andrewo
          Best wishes
          Andrewo
          Harbinger of Rhubarb tales

Comment

I saw there range of toms as well Andrew - impressive or what

Something else that miffs me about some of the seed companies is they have an e-mail address to contact them by, I've sent a querie to a couple of them and am still waiting !
            I know this is a busy time for them but if they can't answer e-mails why not disable the link all they've done is loose a a customer
            ntg
            Never be afraid to try something new.
            Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
            A large group of professionals built the Titanic
            ==================================================

Comment

Websites

Websites can also be a big problem for me, companies that do not update, so you order on-line to discover a week later that the product that was in stock on-line wasn't actually in stock - this infuriates me as I know you can link your stock numbers to the site to keep an up to date tally of products available. Why list it if, in the case of one seed company, you haven't had any of them in since 3rd December 2005? Does annoy me.

Andrewo
              Best wishes
              Andrewo

Comment

Andrewo it's not just seed companies that accept your order and state that the goods are in stock. I will not mention any names but they encourage you to shop on line so surely they could get it right.
                [

Comment

Not mentioning names

I know what you mean, many companies do this, I'm sure they're in league with the telephone companies because you spend hours on thing asking "HI, where's my order?", "What do you mean they tried to deliver? No one posted a card through!", "What the hell is it doing a depot in Croyden? I live in Lancashire!" etc etc

Andrewo
                  Best wishes
                  Andrewo

Comment

small numbers of seed spuds

On a hunt for mustard seed I noticed that our local garden centre sells small bags of seed potatoes from Taylors. 10 in each pack for £1.99. For those of you who are still looking for small numbers, they sell about 6 varieties.

Comment

Taylor's spuds in 10-bags.

I have to report that our local G.C. in central Scotland sell the same thing for £1.29. Some difference!

Comment

could that be that they are Scottish seed potatoes?

Comment

thats the canny scots for you
                          ntg
                          Never be afraid to try something new.
                          Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
                          A large group of professionals built the Titanic
                          ==================================================

Comment

Nicos,
                            Had they been Scottish seed potatoes they'd have been MORE expensive rather than less expensive, surely?

Comment

Less distance to transport them eh?

Comment

Indeed so. At the risk of dragging out a boring sub-thread, Taylor's address seems to be Holbeach, Lincs. ("Taylors Bulbs.")

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X