No announcement yet.

Query on resource information on pests and diseases

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Squirrel that looks like chocolate coloured peppers to me.
    [

Comment

Originally posted by Lesley Jay View Post
      Squirrel that looks like chocolate coloured peppers to me.
      Never heard of them - are you pulling my leg LJ?

Comment

No have a look in the seed catalogues!
        [

Comment

yep I'll go with that LJ. Isn't the variety Chocolate something or other?
          ntg
          Never be afraid to try something new.
          Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
          A large group of professionals built the Titanic
          ==================================================

Comment

I don't know but I see the photo of them every year when I look through the seed catalogues.
            [

Comment

Well it was sold as a tobasco chilli pepper, but in the catalogue they are called purple (St Martha) and it says they extra hot and go nearly black! Well I never! Will have to try and over winter it ready for next year - if I can stop the dog from pulling the fruit off!

Comment

Squirrel, have now got an image of your pooch, pulling the chillis off the plant, then biting into them and running round like a mad thing! Do hope he/she doesnt chew! thank goodness Dexter the dog doesn't do that kind of thing! he's barking mad as it is! dexterdog
                Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Hi Cathleen, welcome to the vine.

It's quite possible that your chilli pepper plant has blight. Peppers are the same family as potatoes and tomatoes If there are brown patches on the stems and they are dieing then this is probably the problem. What a pity
                  Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. Lou Erickson, critic and poet

Comment

Hi Cathleen, welcome to the vine and good luck with your allotment!

As someone who has recently joined and just gotten our first plot I must warn you it is highly addictive, but huge fun! And the folks on the 'vine are great, friendly, informative and great fun (as you've probably already worked out!). I hope you enjoy yourself as much as we are on our plot!
                    Blessings
                    Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

'Garden naked - get some colour in your cheeks'!

The Dobby's Pumpkin Patch - an Allotment & Beekeeping blogspot!
                    Last updated 16th April - Video intro to our very messy allotment!
                    Dobby's Dog's - a Doggy Blog of pics n posts - RIP Bella gone but never forgotten xx
                    On Dark Ravens Wing - a pagan blog of musings and experiences

Comment

A while back I posted about a chillie plant which had black fruit on it. Well it looks as though it is a black pepper and not a chillie plant at all! I've been had! Still the peppers (all two of them) have grown to a fairly decent size so will pick them and eat them and let you know what they taste like. They look weird being totally black and shiny!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X