sow in october to november

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sow in october to november

please could anyone tell me what i veg fruit and herbs i can grow in october to november and if anyone had any unwanted seed i would be most greatfull

thanks grayryan

I have just sown broad bean seeds to over-winter, for an early crop in Spring. Strawberry plants can also go in now ready for next year. Apart from that I don't know I'm afraid, but would be glad to hear people's responses. I think you could sow spring cabbages now - or maybe that should've been done by now - not sure.

Comment

Garlic, set onions & Broad Beans should go in now. Cauliflowers like Idol can be sown but not planted until spring (I think but I aint tried).
      You can get some onion seeds to be sown in December, and some spring carrots can go in around Jan (under cover).

It wont take long before Feb comes and you will be swamped with new seeds everywhere.

How long have you had your plot?

Comment

Ooh! I forgot the garlic - I have 4 bulbs waiting to be planted. Is there anything particularly good to plant garlic in after, e.g. where I've taken beans or potatoes, or whatever out?

Comment

You can actually divide your chives now and any herb that is perennial (bar rosemary), you can then plant some of this in a 5" pot and take indoors and put it on your windowsill - you will still be picking on christmas day.

The rest of the herbs you have seperated can be then spread out round your herb patch and fill any gaps.
          Best wishes
          Andrewo
          Harbinger of Rhubarb tales

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X