Planting for next year

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Planting for next year

Well, I have just finished my planting for the next season. My Spring greens along with the Japanese onions, were planted last month. The onions are sprouting merrily away and my broad beans are in. Dodging showers today I planted garlic and shallots.

But am I sad or downright sad I am already planning my plot for 2008, I must have too much time on my hands
    You are never too old to learn

I'm still on this season: looking out of the window at the rain and wind, thinking, "I really must go and sort out the last of the beans, chuck the courgette plants (2 monster marrows out there!), dismantle the pea maypoles etc.
    However, I have just checked my broad beans that I planted in cells and all bar one have come up, so they need to be going in the ground, as does the garlic.
    This afternoon I'm off to our local garden centre (come, everything else - it's a great shop) to buy a couple of cherry trees.

Comment

I got my garlic delivered today and i have bought my over wintering onions and peas, so hopefully if it doesn't chuck it down this weekend i can get up the plot and start clearing and planting
      Mark
      Mark

Comment

Hi everyone! Just spent a lovely day (albeit at work! ) planning my plot for next year and deciding what green manure seeds to order. Have had a lovely time! DDL
        Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Hi DDL, would you like to swap jobs and have 30 tired, fed up 5 year olds on a wet Friday??? Still, there are the shallots to plant, garlic and a load of manure to take to the plot, so am looking forward to tomorrow now it's 7.30 and there's a glass of wine in my hand!!
          Winnie x

Comment

Hi Waffler, what sort of cherry trees are you getting, we've been thinking of getting some, but not sure how easy they are to grow, Winnie x

Comment

No thanks winnie! I love children, but can't eat a full one! mind you, have just been to see a friend of mine who is a head misstress - well, 'nough said! Your plan for this weekend sound brill - espesh the wine! doing something very similar myself! DDL
              Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Hi bootie gosh you are organised. My planting plan for the early crops is in my head. My garlic is sitting in it's envelope in the kitchen waiting for me to get down the lottie when it isn't tipping down and I've sifted through all my seeds to see what I need to order for next season (so far very little).

As regards 2008 I tend to be thinking in advance about my rotation so I know where things will go and what space I can put more permanent stuff in.

Winnie - I have one tired, fed up 4 year old by the end of the week and that's enough. I don't know how her teachers do it. Can relate to the glass of wine and think that's a superb idea!!
                Bright Blessings
                Earthbabe

If at first you don't succeed, open a bottle of wine.

Comment

Originally posted by Earthbabe View Post
                  Hi bootie gosh you are organised. My planting plan for the early crops is in my head. My garlic is sitting in it's envelope in the kitchen waiting for me to get down the lottie when it isn't tipping down and I've sifted through all my seeds to see what I need to order for next season (so far very little).

As regards 2008 I tend to be thinking in advance about my rotation so I know where things will go and what space I can put more permanent stuff in.

Winnie - I have one tired, fed up 4 year old by the end of the week and that's enough. I don't know how her teachers do it. Can relate to the glass of wine and think that's a superb idea!!
                  2008??? Have I missed a year here?Lol I know where I am now, I think?, And I am just starting to work out whats going where in 2007 but as for 2008 I could probably hazzard a guess, but too much is dependant on what happens 2007! Where do failed crops fit into crop rotation?

As for this season, similar to you earthbabe, garlic and beans still to go in and I still have one lot of Autumn sown onions to go in when I can find some space. May become Winter sown onions at this rate!
                  My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                  to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by Earthbabe View Post

Its easy to be organised when you are retired, Earthbabe. and as far as failed crops go, Snadger all my plans are on a disc which can easily be amended.
                    You are never too old to learn

Comment

Originally posted by bootie View Post
                      Its easy to be organised when you are retired, Earthbabe. and as far as failed crops go, Snadger all my plans are on a disc which can easily be amended.
                      Oooooooooooooh!!!!
                      My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

I have trouble with my discs as well
                        ntg
                        Never be afraid to try something new.
                        Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
                        A large group of professionals built the Titanic
                        ==================================================

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X