Everything hurts...

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everything hurts...

but I feel great. Spent three hours digging my new allotment this morning, managed to complete one bed and half dug another. So far I've got two and a half beds and I'm only a quarter done but it feels great. Even my youngest son who is 7 helped me which is a big surprise and he's a lazy lump.

Going back tomorrow with reinforcements (my oldest son) so hopefully twice as much will be acheived tomorrow.

How's everyone else doing?
    Bex

Well done Bex. Have a good soak in the bath!
    ~
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway.
    ~ Mary Kay Ash

Comment

eeeehhh! chuck! we all do it though! a good long soak in the bath with a large glass of wine should sort you out! DDL
      Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

I spent 6 hours on my plot today, lifted all the tatties & had a jolly good natter to all the folks I saw. Excellent. Looking forward to my Home grown Jacket spud now
        ntg
        Never be afraid to try something new.
        Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
        A large group of professionals built the Titanic
        ==================================================

Comment

sounds well deserved Nick! with lots of melted butter! yum yum! DDL
          Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

& grated cheese and/or baked beans with curry powder
            ntg
            Never be afraid to try something new.
            Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
            A large group of professionals built the Titanic
            ==================================================

Comment

Well done Bex!!

I know we all find it hurts at first (I'm sure one day I will be fit enough that I'll be able to do a full day and not ache when I get home, or is that just wishful thinking! ), but if it hurts then it means you've been exercising muscles you dont normally use to that extent, so it must be doing you some good too! Honest! Or at least thats what I keep telling Mr Dobby!

Well done on getting so much done, I hope you have good weather tomorrow and manage to do as much as you want to!
              Blessings
              Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

'Garden naked - get some colour in your cheeks'!

The Dobby's Pumpkin Patch - an Allotment & Beekeeping blogspot!
              Last updated 16th April - Video intro to our very messy allotment!
              Dobby's Dog's - a Doggy Blog of pics n posts - RIP Bella gone but never forgotten xx
              On Dark Ravens Wing - a pagan blog of musings and experiences

Comment

Mmm home grown Jacket. Thats what I want to reap my rewards.

Thanks everyone for the encouragement, I really helps me through the aches.
                Bex

Comment

Well done Bex - we'll be off to the lottie tomorrow to do the same. This time next year just think of the harvests we'll have had (pests, drought, flood, disease and weed infestations permitting...)
                  http://inelegantgardener.blogspot.com

Comment

HappyMouffe, I know I shouldn't laugh!!

It should be great.
                    Bex

Comment

well done Bex!
                      I've made a start on my new plot today as well and its great to see a patch of it cleared. Found a hoe and a rake under all the weeds so that was a bonus! Had a good wander round the site as well to have a nosey at how other people do things and came back quite inspired.
                      Am definately ready for a soak and a glass of red!!
                      smiling is infectious....

http://www.thehudsonallotment.blogspot.com/ updated 28th May 2008

Comment

Just think of the benefits of all that exercise Bex (that's what I try to do when I can't stand up straight ) I haven't lost any weight but the OH said I look more toned (just trying to butter me up) and my son said my bingo wings are going

Comment

Can't wait to have the same problem Bex, think I shall have to ask how long the waiting list is.
                          Save the earth - it's the only planet with chocolate

Comment

Know the feeling bex! On top of my aches and pains I smell like a kipper after my bonfire and I've singed a lump out the front of my hair!
                            I was down the lottie all day..lifted my beetroot.....dug over the bed ready for planting Broad beans...dismantled another pallet and put another side on my compost heap....harvested cauli's, more french beans,(put the fire a bit close to them so decided I had better harvest them before I cremated them!) carrots,snowball turnips,leeks.
                            Ate a raw sweetcorn for lunch & gathered a few more veg from store to take home with me...six carrier bags full in all.!
                            If the weather stays bright I will be back to do another stint tomorrow...no rest for the wicked!......
                            My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                            to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Hi, like you I have a new allotment (well last spring!) but today I went down and for the first time it actually looked like one! Ive put in peas, christmas spuds, onions and prepared the beds for broad beans. My lovely old man dug up another 4 foot of weed infested ground and all was right with the world! (well nearly, work tomorrow is a pain but ho hum) Even the slugs seemed to have taken the week off so i'm a happy girl at this moment!
                              Raine

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X