No announcement yet.

Good Samaritans!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've had my plao less than a week and even though its in a fairly secluded spot One of the old chaps has been up to let me know that I've got a load of manure coming in Jan cos they let the muck man know that I was up there now, and I've just met the previous holder who came to collect some of hif stuff from the sheds who has given me some of his old tools. How very nice of both of them.

Kirsty
    Kirsty b xx

Comment

I agree LJ and after our find on Friday it is really heartening. Our lottie people are generally like that too, lots of newbies at the mo and we tend to share out the tree fruit.

I know what bramble means though, sometimes its the face to face contact that you can miss if your allotment is your garden.

We are lucky that we have low fences between a number of the gardens and so can chat away quite readily. As I tend to plant the "experimental" crops in the garden it makes for some interesting conversations.
      Bright Blessings
      Earthbabe

If at first you don't succeed, open a bottle of wine.

Comment

You know snadger if all allotments where like yours i would run out now and rent one. Even in my slippers.
        Blogging at..... www.thecynicalgardener.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by seasprout View Post
          You know snadger if all allotments where like yours i would run out now and rent one. Even in my slippers.
          Go for it seasprout!! From what I can gather we are not the exception, just the norm!!
          My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
          to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Nice story Snadger. Very heartening. I think it proves the point that most people really are OK and we shouldn't let the antics of that highly visible minority of ne'er do wells and their pesky ways influence our views of people - or our lives in any way.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

From what I know of the grapes on the Vine, and from everyones stories, it just goes to show that the majority of gardening bods are happy, friendly, people. It's the good life methinks! DDL
              Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Being in touch with nature and her cycles makes one a different sort of person. Most of us I think find the peace of a lottie/garden and the pleasure of getting to grips with GYO very therapeutic. We can vent our frustrations on the weeds and digging rather than others too.
                Bright Blessings
                Earthbabe

If at first you don't succeed, open a bottle of wine.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X