Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spud Dilemma ??????

Hi to all,

I have a problem with my spuds.....unfortunately my geenhouse blew down last night and most of the foliage seems to be destroyed is there a way I can save the spuds or is all lost for xmas spuds.

Cheers for any advice

Steve

Sorry to hear that steve.

Wrap the pots in double bubble wrap & leave it sticking up the sides (some short canes may help) then put a couple of layers of fleece over the top at night. Move them to some where sheltered.

I assume your greenhouse is wrecked, was it covered by insurance? if so get them to settle up ASAP as there are some good bargains to be had at the moment.
    ntg
    Never be afraid to try something new.
    Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
    A large group of professionals built the Titanic
    ==================================================

Comment

What a shame about your greenhouse Steve but your potatoes may be OK. Protect them the best way you can. Even if the foliage is all but wrecked the potatoes may be fine and growing away under the compost. Nurse them along. You've got nothing to loose.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Sorry to hear about that Steve. I was daft and didn't cover my tatties when we had a frost! Got them well covered with a layer of staw and if frost threatens again will get the fleece out as well. Good luck! we'll have to compare notes at christmas! DDL
        Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Sorry to hear of the greenhouse loss Steve, hope you can sort a replacement without too much hassle! Everyone else has given darn good advice about your spuds, so I've nothing else to add anyhows! Good luck with the xmas spuds tho!
          Blessings
          Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

'Garden naked - get some colour in your cheeks'!

The Dobby's Pumpkin Patch - an Allotment & Beekeeping blogspot!
          Last updated 16th April - Video intro to our very messy allotment!
          Dobby's Dog's - a Doggy Blog of pics n posts - RIP Bella gone but never forgotten xx
          On Dark Ravens Wing - a pagan blog of musings and experiences

Comment

Thanks all hopefully Xmas won't be spudless after all
            Last edited by Steve; 21-11-2006, 04:28 AM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X