No announcement yet.

Shitake Mushrooms

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have picked about ten mushrooms so far but it looks as if things are slowing down now as the colder weather arrives. I will have to go back to the web site and check if there are seasons for them. What time of the year did you have a glut vicky?
    You grow it; I'l tell you how to cook it

Comment

I found they were most prolific spring and autumn - but in wet, chilly summers we got a few all the way through.
      (I haven't eaten one since growing them...I'm a bit shitake'd out!)

Comment

i watched a segment about Shitake mushroom growing on the rural tv channel and what they do in the states is float them in a pool for a day or 2 then stack them up outside in big stacks leaving room for picking between the logs .
        The program was called Bluegrass and Backroads Put out by the Kentucky Farm bureau.
        The rural channel is on sky channel 279 or freeview channel 403..jacob
        What lies behind us,And what lies before us,Are tiny matters compared to what lies Within us ...
        Ralph Waide Emmerson

Comment

I have had a remembering session since the last post when they drill the holes in the stumps to put the spores in they spray some thing over it to seal it up.
          And when the stumps are outside in the open waiting for things to grow they have water sprinkling on them most of the time hope this helps a bit....jacob
          What lies behind us,And what lies before us,Are tiny matters compared to what lies Within us ...
          Ralph Waide Emmerson

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X