Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Romanesco broccoli

HI guys and gals

I have just bought some of these seeds and planted then in a tray within a 2 days theys have sprouted allready and know look like cress is this normal are have the germanated to fast..........

Welcome to the Vine.

Sounds a bit quick but there you are not impossible i guess they are pretty speedy ...if you have sterilized compost (ie with no other seeds in) then they must be....who is the seed supplier?

post a piccie ...all brassica seedlings look very similar. (a bit like cress, but they will be beefier)

Comment

Hi i will post a pic up tomorrow, the seeds are Johnson food of the worlds!!
      they where just left on the kitchen sideboard not in any hot are dark place!!

Comment

Romanesco broccoli

Mine did exactly the same. When I got them into the veggie patch they grew and grew. I picked the heads fairly small 'cos we are a couple of old dinks and we don't need massive ones. However, the plants themselves were ginormous and needed staking. Still, they were worth it.
        There's pleasure sure in being mad that only madmen know - Anon

Comment

I had the same seeds and sowed them outside last week. They started sprouting a couple of days ago. Should I plant these seedlings on asap, and if so what size pot would be best? I'm experimenting with pots this year so would like to keep them in them for as long as possible (or at least until they're big enough that slugs and caterpillars can't leave me with nothing but a green twig).

Comment

Mine are in the plot , one per square foot 5" high covered in netting and had a blue rinse.
            You have to loose sight of the shore sometimes to cross new oceans

I would be a perfectionist, but I dont have the time

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X