newbie here and in need of help please

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• newbie here and in need of help please

ime a newbie to gardening and ive been really pleased with my results but ive no idea what ime supposed to do with them next ??

ive got purple and white hyacinths
    thalia
    daffodils
    narcissus tete a tete

as you will see in the pics they have grown well BUT my daffs are dying and my hyacinths look like they are drunk and theyve keeled over !

ive also got a rose bush that was there when we moved in an ive no idea how to take care of the poor thing
    behind scarecrow of me ..lol
    Last edited by zazen999; 13-04-2010, 08:59 PM. Reason: removal of large photo...

nice photos, but they are going off the computer screen. Can you make them a bit smaller? ( I use resizr.com)
    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

I've taken off the large photo - can you resize it as Two-sheds says and repost. It might help if it was closer to the rose in question.

Comment

Hiya, welcome to the Vine

Your flowers are lovely Unfortunately, daffs don't last that long, so they aren't 'dying' as such, just the flowers are finished for this year. The leaves will carry on working, to make food for the bulb underground, so that they will flower again next year. They might look straggly for a little while though.

Your hyacinths are just doing what they do - the flower is heavy on top of a relatively thin stalk, so the weight is getting the better of them. You could tie them up to some short sticks to keep them upright? Or put a short stick at each end of the pot, and put a string across to hold the flowers up?

Your rose could possibly do with some pruning, but you could leave it to start sprouting leaves, and just cut off the bits that aren't growing. That should do it for this year. Try and keep the grass/weeds etc from growing round the bottom of it, and feed it when it start flowering.

Hope that helps a bit

Comment

my nextdoor neighbour used to bend the daf leafs over, and put an elastic band over them - to keep them neat, but at the same time still able to get the light that they need !

(edit: me, I just ran over them with the mower none the wiser They still came back the following year mind)
          Last edited by chris; 14-04-2010, 02:36 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X