No announcement yet.

Things are going wrong!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now Helga...your not listening !!! Mould is not a big deal..You don't use a can to water; take an old baking tray or similar, fill with tap water and stand your pots in it for 30 mins when they are nearly dry.

yes, you are right biopot, peatpots, bogroll are all prone to going mould

Comment

Spuds don't really need chitting to be honest- just bung them in your tubs now and they'll come up fine!

All the above advice is very sound! ( hope you slept better tonight!!)
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Yup can echo that too, I bought 4 rooster spuds to try, didn't bother chitting just whacked them in a spud planter.. I've had to top it up with compost twice now - they're growing like mad!

Comment

Ok thank you I will not worry about the mould any more!!! (Did I mention I was slightly paranoid!! Lol!!! )

Will not bother with watering can either and will sit things in a tray of water when they look dryish!

Am hoping to pop my potatoes in today - the weather is glorious. Should be doing my dissertation but its toooooo nice!!!

Thanks for the advice again!

Comment

Originally posted by Helgalush View Post
            ... Where am I going wrong?
            You are (only!) going wrong by thinking you can't sow/plant/grow - you can
            aka
            Suzie

Comment

Originally posted by piskieinboots View Post
              You are (only!) going wrong by thinking you can't sow/plant/grow - you can
              probably

Comment

Originally posted by Helgalush View Post
                probably
                Definitely

Comment

Hi all, I read this with interest. I feel like a terrible gardener as my style borders on neglect! That said, these little seeds etc seem to have a really strong will to live because they seem to survive almost everything thrown at them

apart from slugs and caterpillars

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X