What on earth are these?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sheena View Post
    They ok for chooks to eat do you think? I can always throw it in with them and they can have a good go at them, I spose if the normal birds can eat them then they should do any harm to my girl's.

But i'll wait for the ok before I do.

Cheers guys
    Yup, they will love them!

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
      they were more likely to have been cockchafer grubs: they look like vine weevil larvae, but with legs at the front. They are very common under grass, because grass roots is what they feed on
      thanks for that, next one I find I will have a good look at
      Elsie

Comment

Finally got rid of the pot filled with these today, luckily enough they were nowhere near me strawb's, so I think they are safe.

I decided probably best not to give them to the girl's as they get enough treats as it is right now, so discarded the pot into my green bin ready for the bin men in the morning.

Bye bye Mr Evil Weevil and your fellow friend's. You are not welcome in my garden anymore! lol

Comment

Ooooh Im so glad you posted those! I repotted a strawb today and found some in there!!! I promptly got them all out and squashed them! and there little eggys!! LEAVE ME STRAWBERRIES ALONE YOU HORRID LITTLE THINGS lol
          http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jamiesjourney

Please give blood and if possible please give bone marrow.

SAVE LIVES TODAY

Subscriber to the mojo mailing list

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
            they were more likely to have been cockchafer grubs: they look like vine weevil larvae, but with legs at the front. They are very common under grass, because grass roots is what they feed on
            yep they are chafer grubs, found another one and it had legs, horrible things
            Elsie

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X