Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spending a night out ?

Hi,

I have some dwarf hestia beans, courgettes and tomato that I sowed mid april. they are growing quite well and they spend the days in the plastic greenhouse. but every night I bring them back inside.
    I had a look at the temp forecast and the website tells me tonight and the next night it should be around 9-10 degres at the lowest.

my question is : could the plant stay in the greenhouse for the night or is it yet too cold for them ?
    I also have some fleece. should I leave them out and cover them with a layer of two of fleece ?
    or am I being to lazy and I should continue to bring them out in the morning and in at night ?

thanks in advance for all your advice.
    stephanie

Although I am not as far north as you, I have had Toms & Courgettes in GH for a few weeks now & seem to be ok. Having said that, I may be pushing my luck.
    sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

mine have been in my plastic greenhouse for a few weeks now and are doing fine, you could always put fleece over the top of them at night for a week or so just so they feel tucked in.

Comment

I'm in Glasgow and my courgettes have been out for the last 2 weeks in my plastic greenhouse with no ill effects. Tomatoes are still indoors though, will be putting them in the greenhouse either this week end or next.
        What would Delia do?

Comment

thanks all for your replies.
          I think I'll leave half outside under fleece in the greenhouse and keep some inside (just in case I am pushing my luck !)

hopefully, the weather will get warmer soon... (I was out today and it was hard to believe it is May : people with scarves and padded jacket ! along with the funny ones in tshirts !)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X