Latoh Tomato problem

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latoh Tomato problem

I have grown Latoh tomato plants from seed, along with Gardeners Delight, Roma and Moneymaker. They all live on my south facing kitchen windowsill so have exactly the same conditions.

All of the others varieties are thriving and looking really healthy, but the Latoh ones aren't doing very well at all. The lower leaves have shrivelled up and died, then the same thing happens to the next branch up. All the Latoh plants are affected but none of the others are.

Does anyone know what it could be?

Latah plants are early and grow more quickly in cool conditions. I suspect they are more susceptible to overheating - that sounds like what is happening. A kitchen can get VERY hot.

I suggest you move the Latah to a cooler room.. and check they do not dry out.

(I grow Latah - see Early Tomato Thread)

Comment

Thanks for that Madasafish. Would I be better moving them to the unheated greenhouse now?

Comment

Mine are in an unheated greenhouse. I would suggest if you put them in one, ccover them with fleece at night for the first week to avoid any damage form the shock of night temperatures much lower than a kitchen.

Our greenhouse overnight temperature falls to 5 to 6C when there is no frost : your kitchen is probably 12C overnight so an unheated greenhouse will be a shock at nights.
        Last edited by Madasafish; 07-05-2010, 08:50 AM.

Comment

Thanks - will give that a go.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X