Broad Bean worry

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broad Bean worry

I am very new to gardening (first year!!) and planted out my broad beans at the weekend, however they do not appear to be doing very well at all. Although I ensured a good watering in and water them each evening, the young plants look limp and some of the leaves have dried to a crisp and fallen off. The plants looked so strong in my little greenhouse and now I fear that they are not going to make it. Can anyone help?

Hi and welcome to the vine.

A good watering in should have lasted a couple of days I would have thought, even in the weather we are having. I'd give them a bit of a break from the watering.
    I'm not the best on broads beans, but I would have thought a greenhouse too hot for them. That may have something to do with it.
    They should survive, but I fear there is nothing more you can do atm.
    "Orinoco was a fat lazy Womble"

Please ignore everything I say, I make it up as I go along, not only do I generally not believe what I write, I never remember it either.

Comment

If they went straight from hot greenhouse to outside they may be in shock - also ease up on the watering as womble says.

And welcome
      aka
      Suzie

Comment

Thanks Womble, and thanks for the advice. I'll cut out the watering and see how they do.

Comment

Are they still in the greenhouse? They really don't need to be in one at all.
          Mark

Vegetable Kingdom blog

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X