Can anyone identify this?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone identify this?

Mum & Dad returned from a holiday in the Ukraine with some packets of seeds for me (bless 'em!). I know what two of them are (raddish, both black ball ones and larger white ones that look a bit like smooth turnips), but am stumped with the ones in the packet shown. I can't google the name as the script is different.

Sorry for the poor quality of the photo ~ my phone doesn't do macro shots very well, but can anyone tell me what it is?

My limited knowledge of the Cyrillic (Russian) alphabet tells me this is a Momordica or bitter melon. If you Google that word you will find some photos and a Wikipedia description. What variety your's is I don't know. But interesting.
    Last edited by sarraceniac; 25-05-2010, 01:13 PM.
    Why didn't Noah just swat those 2 greenflies?

Why are they called apartments when they are all stuck together?
    >
    >If flying is so safe, why do they call the airport the terminal?

Comment

This is the name ..

МОМОРДИКА

You may be able to copy and paste it and see what the search engines come up with- if try to translate it, it goes into French and then gets all silly changing it back into English

If you want to work out other words, this is where I managed to find the type face...
      http://lingresua.tripod.com/cgi-bin/oluaen.pl...the keyboard is on there.

Fingers crossed someone knows what it is!!!( looks very interesting!)
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

hi
        try googling this momordyka or momordika
        this is the ukranian to english translation and some of the google images look the same
        Last edited by mrscorpio; 25-05-2010, 01:05 PM.

Comment

Thanks for all the usefull reples ~ yep, it looks like Balsam Pear to me.

Can't wait until next year, looks like it needs to go inside in pots in april time.

Comment

Momordica - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - this is the Wilkipedia link for this species.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X