Stunning mixed Raised bed (not mine)

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stunning mixed Raised bed (not mine)

Just had to share. As a newbie ideas for 3 beds one with potaotes to be planted like this. Ideas for veg-pea/bean-flower combinations gratefully received, Thankyou

Garden World Images - Asset Details GKS551- MIXED RAISED BEDS WITH FLOWERS AND VEGETABL
    You're closer to god in a garden than anywhere else on earth.

Hi

I had a run up to Harlow Carr in Harrogate on Monday and had a fantastic day with the family. Have a ride up there and look at their vegetable beds, nice combinations and lovely healthy plants! The Yorkshire curd tart in Betty's was fantastic as well! lol

Dave
    Fantasy reminds us that the soul is sane but the universe is wild and full of marvels

http://thefrontyardblog.blogspot.com/

Comment

Thankyou. Will go after the littlies break up for school. Must remember to take my camera.

Comment

Some of us have been doing it for years. To be honest I've just went back to this style of gardening after ten years of traditional gardening. The last couple of years I've adopted the pocket planting regine again mixing flowers,veg and fruit together and it looks good and is very productive!
        Piccie of my then small allotment garden was taken about 10 years ago, if you look closely my Son who is now 21 and my dog can be seen hiding!

PS You probably can't make it out but there was nine four foot wide beds in there. I carried this style on to my existing plot which is six tmes the size of this one!
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Snadger; 10-07-2010, 09:40 AM.
        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
          Some of us have been doing it for years. To be honest I've just went back to this style of gardening after ten years of traditional gardening. The last couple of years I've adopted the pocket planting regine again mixing flowers,veg and fruit together and it looks good and is very productive!
          Piccie of my then small allotment garden was taken about 10 years ago, if you look closely my Son who is now 21 and my dog can be seen hiding!

PS You probably can't make it out but there was nine four foot wide beds in there. I carried this style on to my existing plot which is six tmes the size of this one!
          I was going to mention that you already did this but thought it best if you blew your own trumpet.........
          sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
          --------------------------------------------------------------------
          Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
          -------------------------------------------------------------------
          Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
          -----------------------------------------------------------
          KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

That is beautiful, and i would love to see a pic of your plot six times the size, wow. I would be grateful for some ideas of the plants you use, as i tend to get a bit overwhelmed. I have some beautiful climbing roses, pinks, poppies and day lillies, mock orange and buddlea, but am stuck when it comes to which plant to put in raised beds. Thankyou

Comment

Originally posted by furball View Post
              .... am stuck when it comes to which plant to put in raised beds.
              Well - anything. Don't get hamstrung by what is "proper". Just do it
              All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

ok less thinking and more doing. Still waiting for council to flush pipe so can't build beds till midweek.

Comment

My allotment isn't as neat as Snadger's, but I have flowers (poppies, foxgloves, sunflowers, cornflowers, calendula, nemophila, limnanthes, viola etc) along the edges and dotted throughout the beds: allot_1 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

They bring in the bees, and cheer me up
                  Last edited by Two_Sheds; 11-07-2010, 07:20 AM.
                  All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Thankyou, i bet it looks lovely. Being gardening for years but only recently started to grow veg usually in tubs. My dad never believed i would sort out my 100 ft front garden,( slightly less now due to a garage and conservatory) it was a bombsite, now its done i am sorting out my much smaller back garden. Recently found out some of my dads side of the family down the years were head gardeners for big houses and estates he never got the bug but says it passed to me. Sorry for rambling

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
                      I was going to mention that you already did this but thought it best if you blew your own trumpet.........
                      As they say in these parts "Shy bairns get nowt!"
                      My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
                        As they say in these parts "Shy bairns get nowt!"
                        Yer right there lad......
                        sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                        --------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                        -------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                        -----------------------------------------------------------
                        KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X