No announcement yet.

Growing In A Bath Tub

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

haha i 'obtained a bath tub one evening last week to form aprt of my raised bed/deck in front on the shed!!! didnt have taps on it though which i really wanted!!! though there were so old bed slats in the skip which are perfect for making wooden panelling around it!! has any one got any pics of what they have done with their tubs already?

Comment

Originally posted by Mintygreen View Post
      haha i 'obtained a bath tub one evening last week to form aprt of my raised bed/deck in front on the shed!!! didnt have taps on it though which i really wanted!!! though there were so old bed slats in the skip which are perfect for making wooden panelling around it!! has any one got any pics of what they have done with their tubs already?
      Photos would be awesome! I think it will be a while untill Im at that stage - the ground is too wet even to get over there and more on the way

Im looking forward to getting stuck in though
      Scarecrow: Come along, Dorothy. You don't want any of *those* apples.
      Apple Tree: Are you hinting my apples aren't what they ought to be?
      Scarecrow: Oh, no. It's just that she doesn't like little green worms!

Comment

Another very useful idea being a plumber I think I might just manage to salvage myself a bath.

I do use four old 50 gallon plastic water tanks all removed from previous jobs. Two I have cut down to about 10" deep to save on compost these are for my onions. The other two are full depth and used for main crop spuds.

With scrap being very high price at the moment I would recycle the taps unless you have a use for them.

Colin
        Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Been thinking about this myself as one of my neighbours has just ripped their bath out and its currently sitting in the front garden waiting to be gotten rid of.

Not sure I've got the space for it, but am looking to try parsnips in containers this year, so this could be it...

Only prob I guess is that it would take a lot of soil to fill it.
          Real Men Sow - a cheery allotment blog.

Comment

Originally posted by Potstubsdustbins View Post
            With scrap being very high price at the moment I would recycle the taps unless you have a use for them.

Colin
            Ooooo I didn't think of the scrap value of the taps and I should've known that as I handle gold and silver every day

I might just be taking them off this weekend . . . .
            Scarecrow: Come along, Dorothy. You don't want any of *those* apples.
            Apple Tree: Are you hinting my apples aren't what they ought to be?
            Scarecrow: Oh, no. It's just that she doesn't like little green worms!

Comment

I love my bath tub full of herbs. I grow mint, tyme, chives and lavender in mine. Adds taste to my meals and makes nice little mixes to add to my bath water to ease the aches of the days digging.

Comment

Good idea my neigbours are having a refit so i will be on the scrounge.
                Simon

Comment

Keep one tap in place and keep a length of piping still attached to it. Attach a seeper hose to the tap and bury under the soil/compost. When you want to water attach you hose to the piping and turn the tap on so you water the roots.
                  History teaches us that history teaches us nothing. - Hegel

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X