Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are these please?

Hi folks
    Don't know if I'm posting in the right place, but here goes. My OH found these seeds in my shed when he was exploring and we have no idea what they are. Can anybody help with identification?

Thanks
    Kirsty
    Attached Files
    Kirsty b xx

Maltesers with half the chocolate licked off?
    Geordie

Te audire non possum. Musa sapientum fixa est in aure

Comment

They are Yin Yang beans

www.beanbag.net/by4.html
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

As Nicos says, Yin Yangs. One of my favourite beans. Grow them as you would climbing french or runner. You can eat them young and fresh but I use climbing fench for that. Leave these on the vines till they are dry(ish! - depends on the autumn weather!) and pick the pods off. Let them continue to ripen in the green house on newspaper. When crisp, separate the beans out. I put them in recycled glass jars on the kitchen shelf where they look dead rustic and decorative. I use them mainly in home-made sauces for pasta - I had pasta sauces like this is Italy with borlotti beans but these are equally good for the job. They are also good in a chilli. You can also do a mean refried bean with them if you are into Mexican food.

Make sure you save a slack handful to plant again next year. I've not bought any EVER. Had the first lot given and have continued to grow them each year since.
        Last edited by Flummery; 16-03-2007, 07:56 AM.
        Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Thanks for the replies.
          I've planted some just to see if they are still viable, if they grow will put a couple more in.

Kirsty
          Kirsty b xx

Comment

I'm so jealous! I ordered some Yin Yang beans, but they never arrived
            All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X