No announcement yet.

Congratulations Eternal Sunshine!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi ES, congrats on joining the Lotmenteers. It looks as though your plot has oodles of potential, just remember to take it steady and enjoy yourself.

See you around.

Comment

Hi ES, good luck with the plot, but I have to say that as a lottie holder with no interest in organic gardening, I'd get around to Wilkinsons and get a few of their £6 a pop jugs of glyphosate and eradicate the lot.
      In two weeks it'll all be brown. Then you can fork over the plot and pull out dead roots with no chance of leaving bits in to grow again and it'll all be ready in time to put your veg in.
      http://norm-foodforthought.blogspot.com/

If it ain't broke, don't fix it and if you ain't going to eat it, don't kill it

Comment

LOL - the organic struggle is half the fun! (I hope I'm not looking back on this in a few months eating my words...

Thanks for all your comments. Dexterdog's OH has been very kind and brought us loads of cardboard so we intend to clear a large part, get out as many bits of tap root as possible, cover with cardboard, then a layer of manure, then cut holes in and plant potatoes & a pumpkin (and possibly other things) through the holes. Hopefully we can leave that side to grow while surpressing the weeds (and killing the tap roots???) and turn our attention to another part of the plot.

Anyone know if this'll work???
        I've had my weetabix...

Comment

Should stop or at least slow down the top growth but if there are white taproots they may take longer that a season to die - go with it anyway, you'll be digging the ground to lift the spuds so it will get cleared at that point.

At least you will get something from the ground so the hard work will be worth it.

Good luck,

Terry
          The weeks and the years are fine. It's the days I can't cope with!

Comment

Congratulations. You'll enjoy the hard work too. When you cook your first meal with lottie veg you really feel it's well earned. It looks fertile enough anyway. Have fun.
            Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X