Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some Pumpkin Advice Please!!!

Hi,

I'm a complete novice who needs your advice please. I planted a lot of seeds saved from the Halloween pumpkin & to my amazement they are growing To be honest, I didn't think I'd get any of them to grow but it looks like most of them are.They are planted at the moment in a trough type pot in compost but I don't know what to do next.
    I'm sure I'll be inundated with advice & will be very greatful for your help.

Thanks in advance,
    Tracey

Hi Daineal

Welcome! I'm glad that your pumpkin seeds are growing - it's brilliant when you first see things starting to grow. Still gives me the hugest buzz and I think it always will

How big have your plants got? If they are still relatively small I would leave them as they are for the time being. Do you have an allotment? I would say it's a little too early to plant them outside just at the mo - still a bit too cold for them - but hopefully someone more experienced than me can jump in and give you some more specific advice. They're a great lot on here!

Anyway, happy growing.
    Blessed be

Squash Muppet

Comment

Keep them frostfree or they'll die.
      Always thank people who have helped you immediately, as they may not be around to thank later.
      Visit my blog at http://podsplot.blogspot.com/ - Updated 18th October 2009
      I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/

Comment

Hi Daineal
        checkout another post in growing veg section called squash help.there is alot of useful advice there.i might be wrong but i dont think there is much difference between growin pumpkin and squash.g
        goddess

Comment

Hi Goddess
          Thanks for pointing me in the squash posts direction,It's a great help.
          Hi squash Muppet,
          So far only the leaves have sprouted but it looks like every seed I planted has grown.I've not got an allotment, only a normal sized back garden but my daughter's school has started a gardening club so I'll be able to give them quite a few.
          Hi Peter,
          Thanks for letting me know about keeping them frost free, it'd be a shame to lose them now.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X