Plastic Greenhouses

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi, thanks,
    Could you get a cheap handy man out your local paper see if he will do it for you,
    shaw it wudnt cost much and would be well worth it.
    my GH didn't move in the winds so don't have that worry now carnt say the same about my veg but hey
    you live and learn. good luck yours hope you get it sorted soon.

Comment

I looked at these when Igot my 5 tier one from dobbies with my birthday money. The tiered one has been super, although I live in one of the highest parts of the city so I have made a couple of snips to the PVC covering and tied it to the fence with twine and it has been fine.

RE the greenhouses though; I really considered it, but I felt like there was less shelving space compared to how much of my garden space it was going to use. If I had more space then I would definitely get one, but vs how much shelving there is is just wasn't worth it.

I am considering getting a second 4/5 tier one, planning to use one for seeding and one for more permanent stuff like herbs/chillis, peppers etc
      Last edited by GemskiB; 19-06-2013, 08:02 AM.

Comment

The proper greenhouse ones do take up alot of space but you can add shelving to them! Mine is a 6ft x 4ft (upgrade from last years tomato house) and I ended up putting 2 sets of shelves inside for growing seedlings. Now its warmer one set has been moved outside to house hardened off seedlings and salad crops and the other one has my mini tomatoes, basil, melon and peppers on. The extra space means more tomatoes and cucumbers this year as well!
        Come autumn the shelves will go back in the greenhouse so I can try and over winter a few things and maybe get some early crops next year.

Comment

I bought one of the 4 tiered ones from Wilkos a couple of years ago.

I've had the odd "blowaway" mishap - but that's been sorted by putting a couple of breeze-blocks on the bottom.

For the price, you can't go wrong - especially when my "better-half" starts giving me grief over the copius amounts of seed-trays that take over our small kitchen in Feb/Mar.

Also the covers are replaceable and are reasonably priced.

If you want to take the gamble - try and buy them near the end of Summer, as they normally get reduced heavily so the shop can make way for Christmas tat.

My Summer project up at the plot is to build my own greenhouse using a wooden structure and poly-carbonate sheeting/roofing. My plastic greenhouse will be transported there in the hope that if we have another cold Spring like this year, I'm not in a "blind panic" trying to cart multiple trays of seedlings up there when the sun finally gets its act together.
          .......because you're thinking of putting the kettle on and making a pot of tea perhaps, you old weirdo. (Veggie Chicken - 25/01/18)

My Youtube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnC..._as=subscriber

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X