Fingers crossed got one

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fingers crossed got one

Think i have got an allotment. Coincidence is its where my gandad had his allotment and it might even be the same patch but its 80 years ago since grandad had his lottie, find out on Sunday if its mine. A bit too much of a time gap to say keeping it in the family.
    You're closer to god in a garden than anywhere else on earth.

I will keep my fingers crossed for you Furball - good luck Sunday!!
    [

Comment

good luck, hopefully you'll get choccie for easter and a lottie
      The love of gardening is a seed once sown never dies ...

Comment

Hi Furball, best of luck with the lottie for Easter. Wouldn't it be wonderful if it was your grandad's. Can any of the family remember exactly where it was?

Comment

Fantastic - I got my grandmothers lottie about 60 years after she had it. I think that is why my Dad wouldn't let me let it go when I moved 10 miles away, he now trys to run it himself, not too easy for him, but I do what I can when the kids are out of the way.
          The weeks and the years are fine. It's the days I can't cope with!

Comment

My grandads lottie is under a housing estate now (since the early 1960s), but mum still directs people "you go past the allotments"!
            Digger-07

"If you think you can, or think you can't, you're right" Henry Ford.

Comment

I drive past my Dads old lottie about once a week someone has it as a paddock for a horse now they even cut the apple tree down - vandals
              ntg
              Never be afraid to try something new.
              Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
              A large group of professionals built the Titanic
              ==================================================

Comment

Grandads allotment?

Thanks for all the replies. My Dad thinks he can remember which one was his Dad's allotment so will find out on Sunday if its the exact one. Will there be any archive records on who had allotments. How often do you manage to get down to your lottie. I can spend 4 hours on a Sunday and 1 or 2 evenings a week. Don't want to offend the other lottie owners and have them thinking i don't spend enough time there. Sorry for all the questions.
                You're closer to god in a garden than anywhere else on earth.

Comment

If you don't ask, you don't learn.

Comment

Hi FB i spend a couple of hours on an evening once or twice a week at the moment and usually couple of hours each on sat and sun, it depends on whats going on, but dont stress about it get the enjoyment and benefit from it i'm sure you'll end finding a happy balance between home/lottie/work
                    The love of gardening is a seed once sown never dies ...

Comment

Originally posted by furball View Post
                      My Dad thinks he can remember which one was his Dad's allotment so will find out on Sunday if its the exact one. Will there be any archive records on who had allotments.

You never know, there might be archived records. Ask on Sunday.
                      [

Comment

Originally posted by furball View Post
                        Thanks for all the replies. My Dad thinks he can remember which one was his Dad's allotment so will find out on Sunday if its the exact one. Will there be any archive records on who had allotments. How often do you manage to get down to your lottie. I can spend 4 hours on a Sunday and 1 or 2 evenings a week. Don't want to offend the other lottie owners and have them thinking i don't spend enough time there. Sorry for all the questions.
                        I've been on our site for 4 or 5 years and there are still some people that I have never met yet ..... & I'm the secretary I can only get down at the weekend (and not every one) and maybe the odd night but so long as it is obvious that something is happening they will be OK. It's unreasonable to expect that your plot should go from wilderness to pristine garden in a couple of week ( so people do do that) but so long as you are making steady progress they should be OK
                        ntg
                        Never be afraid to try something new.
                        Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
                        A large group of professionals built the Titanic
                        ==================================================

Comment

Hey Furball

Before I forget, good luck for Sunday. Fingers crossed that you gt what you want. I'll be thinking of you.

Blessed be.
                          Squash Muppet

Comment

Yo Furball. I'm the secretary of our allotments as well and we expect half the plot to be cultivated, but only in the second year. The assumption is that the first year will be spent getting the plot into shape. Good luck for Sunday!
                            http://norm-foodforthought.blogspot.com/

If it ain't broke, don't fix it and if you ain't going to eat it, don't kill it

Comment

Hi furball

good luck hope you do end up with your grandads plot that would be fab, one the question re how often people go. well since I had mine Nov last year only been down on a Sunday morning for a couple of hours. I couldnt get out muct before. Full time carer for my mum who has dementia but now the weather has turned will be able to take mum with me, so am hoping to get lots done.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X